2007 Rear Wheel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
I am keeping a look out for a spare rear wheel for my 2007. The spare is to allow me to keep a fresh mounted MC tire if I'm doing a ride not best suited to the car tire that I am currently running. Much easier to swap a wheel than the rubber. Just trying to find out what other years will work on the '07 (and whether anyone out there might have an extra lying around). I know ABS changes were made somewhere along the way so not all Gen II wheels will work. As far as I know, the '06 will work but didn't know whether the late Gen I wheels or the '08's were the same. (Don't much care about the color)

Ross

Edit: Yamaha best price from a discount parts place (adding up the necessary bits from a parts fiche) looks like around $650 or so.

Checked again and this price doesn't include the rotor (and bolts) for another $140 or so!

Last edited by a moderator:
04-05 (abs wheels), and 06-07 wheels will work.

2003, 2004-2005 (non-abs), and 2008+ will NOT work.

04-05 (abs wheels), and 06-07 wheels will work.

2003, 2004-2005 (non-abs), and 2008+ will NOT work.
Thanks SkooterG. This helps! Hopefully I can find something cheaper than new! (Convenience is not worth $800)

Wheels are the same for all Gen1-2. The only difference is the seal to accomadate the abs sensor holder plate.

Wheels are the same for all Gen1-2. The only difference is the seal to accomadate the abs sensor holder plate.
As Alan said the ABS sensor system on 08+ no longer has teeth, and on some Gen 1's the bearing listings are different......

Ross, Ron Ayers lists the rear wheel for $359. I'd guess if you're running an Exalto you won't need to worry about changing rears.... I'd rather have a spare front with a new tire ready for those times when I want to go on a long trip when my front may not last the whole trip..... if you see anything let me know......

As Alan said the ABS sensor system on 08+ no longer has teeth, and on some Gen 1's the bearing listings are different......

Ross, Ron Ayers lists the rear wheel for $359. I'd guess if you're running an Exalto you won't need to worry about changing rears.... I'd rather have a spare front with a new tire ready for those times when I want to go on a long trip when my front may not last the whole trip..... if you see anything let me know......
Ray

The $359 is just the cast wheel. You have to add a lot of stuff to it to make it swappable. Bearings, rotor, dampers, spacers, seals ... many different parts. The $800 I came up with included everything needed. I found a used one on eBay that I might consider. Not a "Buy now" so I will have to see where the bidding goes before I start.

Ross