• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 SUSPENSION GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit the bullet, picked up my 8,000 mile FJR1300 on Saturday.

Beautiful bike, can't wait to put her to work !

But first, the Suspension Needs sorting !

!!! Just signed up for full front and rear treatments !!!

Couple Q's ....

Do you think GP would be able to do a drive in - install in the January-March time frame ?

Forgive the newbie question (grin) .... how do you tell an FJR1300A from a FJR1300 ... no ABS, right ?

- what's the quick and easy way to verify that my bike does not have ABS ?

Do you think GP would be able to do a drive in - install in the January-March time frame ?
Yep, I bet they would.

Forgive the newbie question (grin) .... how do you tell an FJR1300A from a FJR1300 ... no ABS, right ?- what's the quick and easy way to verify that my bike does not have ABS ?
If it has blue caliper plugs, it's non-ABS.

If is has silver caliper plugs, it's ABS.

If is a 2006 or later FJR, all are ABS.... '05 was the last year of standard brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warchild and/or Ignacio,

It occurs to me that from the time I ship my forks to GP to the time I get them back my bike is gonna ride like ass. Will the CHP will let me get away with riding a constant wheelie if my excuse is that I'm having my front suspension redone? Can GP give me a note to give to Officer Friendly?

Hope this wasn't asked already. I can't read 8 pages of posts.

Rancho

This is a good day This group buy made it to the last day without any ASSHATS scewing it up. :yahoo: SO thanks to all the ASSHATS who kept ther sh@t to themselves this Groupbuy

I really want this suspension upgrade!

This is a good day This group buy made it to the last day without any ASSHATS scewing it up. :yahoo: SO thanks to all the ASSHATS who kept ther sh@t to themselves this Groupbuy
I really want this suspension upgrade!

I think the asshatting was reduced by the posted group buy guidelines and the crystal clear nuclear option specified in post#1. :)

Warchild and/or Ignacio,
It occurs to me that from the time I ship my forks to GP to the time I get them back my bike is gonna ride like ass. Will the CHP will let me get away with riding a constant wheelie if my excuse is that I'm having my front suspension redone? Can GP give me a note to give to Officer Friendly?

Hope this wasn't asked already. I can't read 8 pages of posts.

Rancho

Since I wont be riding much while the forks are off I hadn't thought about that much...What I had thought of was what is the best way to support the bike while things are apart?

Since I wont be riding much while the forks are off I hadn't thought about that much...What I had thought of was what is the best way to support the bike while things are apart?

Go over to fjr-tips.org Bounce has a dandy little rack in there.

The sign-up period for this Group Buy is now OVER!

[SIZE=14pt]FINAL TALLY:[/SIZE]

Fork Upgrades: 45

Penske: 16

Ohlins: 3

Wilbers rebuilds: 20

Eibach forks springs: 17

GP Suspension has all your information, and will be contacting you regarding your order.

To all those who participated, enjoy your new suspension systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.