2007 Yamaha WR450F or 2007 Honda CRF450X

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never suggest to anyone to get a dirt bike other than a full race bike. The suspensions will save your bacon every time. The trail bikes are heavy and truly useless in the technical riding. The power on the trail bikes are anemic at best.
One of the more ridiculous comments I've heard on this forum and that's saying a lot.

A DRZ400 has power/handling better than 90% of the riders out there. And for anyone with rusty skills they'll ride better, faster, longer, and get furhter in technical terrain on a DRZ than an WRF450. The idea that a race bike is necessary for novice or even moderately-skilled riders or that it will "save your bacon every time", is patently stupid.

I occasionally ride with MX racers and guys that ride tough enduros regularly. What do they do recreational trail rides on? One rides a DRZ, the other a XR250. And they can ride any weapon they choose.

- Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never suggest to anyone to get a dirt bike other than a full race bike. The suspensions will save your bacon every time. The trail bikes are heavy and truly useless in the technical riding. The power on the trail bikes are anemic at best.
One of the more ridiculous comments I've heard on this forum and that's saying a lot.

A DRZ400 has power/handling better than 90% of the riders out there. And for anyone with rusty skills they'll ride better, faster, longer, and get furhter in technical terrain on a DRZ than an WRF450. The idea that a race bike is necessary for novice or even moderately-skilled riders or that it will "save your bacon every time", is patently stupid.

I occasionally ride with MX racers and guys that ride tough enduros regularly. What do they do recreational trail rides on? One rides a DRZ, the other a XR250. And they can ride any weapon they choose.

- Mark

Yup, always better to have a bike with a lot less power, substandard suspension, and 50 pounds heavier in the tight technical stuff. Hell, a good enough rider could take a Harley recreational trail riding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Better to have the power and not need it than need it and not have it grasshopper. I'm sure the thought crossed your mind when you bought your FJR :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator: