2008 FJR W/ PC III fixed the stall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what i was trying to say in some sorts. If you ease in alittle more rpms it should be ok, but by cracking it, it happens. Well Brian good news is the PC III cures that and many more. Now the only problem is to try to keep my right hand from twisting the throttle so much. LOL

a speratic few on here have mention it, or in reading the post on the G2, they have found part of the solution. From what i can tell my bike doesnt need the G2. I have seen it on 3 local bikes, but again must have corrected it because of changes they made to the bike.
EDIT: i can also say i have seen 2 people that have no problems at all. So take it for what it worth. I've been riding long enough to know how a bike should feel, so for me, it had to change. Also maybe some people dont crack and rev the gas at a stop, and they might rev alot higher to let out a clutch, and they might not address the twisties in an agressive manor as i do. But again it might not be on every bike.
not trying to say that the problem doesn't exist - but there is a need to give it a bit of gas from a dead stop. these inline 4s don't develop torque quite as quick off idle - as say a harely does - but the torque on my feejer rises quicker off idle than most inlines i've ridden. it took me a few runs to get used to it - i'm pretty tickled with the motor (115 rwhp) as is. coming off the harley i lost 200 lbs and gained 50 horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
a speratic few on here have mention it, or in reading the post on the G2, they have found part of the solution. From what i can tell my bike doesnt need the G2. I have seen it on 3 local bikes, but again must have corrected it because of changes they made to the bike.
EDIT: i can also say i have seen 2 people that have no problems at all. So take it for what it worth. I've been riding long enough to know how a bike should feel, so for me, it had to change. Also maybe some people dont crack and rev the gas at a stop, and they might rev alot higher to let out a clutch, and they might not address the twisties in an agressive manor as i do. But again it might not be on every bike.
not trying to say that the problem doesn't exist - but there is a need to give it a bit of gas from a dead stop. these inline 4s don't develop torque quite as quick off idle - as say a harely does - but the torque on my feejer rises quicker off idle than most inlines i've ridden. it took me a few runs to get used to it - i'm pretty tickled with the motor (115 rwhp) as is. coming off the harley i lost 200 lbs and gained 50 horses.
2 things

1- sorry if you thought i was being negitive, i know what you ment. The reason it is a problem the clutch has nothing to do with the problem. I talking about being in "N" no clutch at all just cracking the throttle, it would die. also on twisties the clutch would be out sometimes. so it was a throttle position problem. but that being said

2-i understand what you mean about the torque. I have been on Harleys for about 20 years, the range is different but, damn i cant stop turning the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't take you as negative one bit.

i was simply conveying one owners observation on how the feejer pulls off the line. it is easy to stall an inline 4 if you aren't used to one. however if the motor dies barring any relationship with clutch disengagement - then that is a totally different story. early on i had a few lessens during disengagement but pretty sure it was me - not the feejer. however, i'll keep an eye on it.

anywayzzzz - glad yours is healed.

ya got healed enough to go for the first service & full synthetic 290 something....ochhhh.

At least im going to order the heli soon. I got something to look foward to..

Damn boys & toys, sh!t never ends.

I've got the same problem - but my idle is low. I'll start there. It seems to be a problem only when coming from a stop, or racing the throttle. I've never experienced anything bad when actually riding.

I've got the same problem - but my idle is low. I'll start there. It seems to be a problem only when coming from a stop, or racing the throttle. I've never experienced anything bad when actually riding.
you can try raising the idle, but for me it wasnt a cure. And as above stated you can also try the barbarian mod, but i dont think it applies to the 08's.

I'm tell you people can say there is no need to spend money. I say whatever, it cured my thottle problems and also put more fuel in thru-out the band to make it fell more responsive, than flat.