2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see: A six speed transmission
Why?

So they can bitch about the lack of a seven speed on the 09's. <_<
If you want to ride yours in third gear all the time, knock yourself out.

Mirrors that I can see what is behind me and not my elbows. :angry: Crash protectors/sliders

[SIZE=24pt]+1[/SIZE]

Cruise Control... The one reason I almost went with a BMW versus the FJR. In the end this forum led me to believe I could add one after market. All thing considered, lack of cruise control seems to be in contradiction to "touring" part of the FJR "sport-touring" moniker.
CaryB
[SIZE=24pt]+1[/SIZE]

Taller windsheild, fatter grips, less throttle spring pull, no cam on the throttle setup, heated grips, cruise control, gps, sat. radio, radar detector, cb, volt meter, bigger numbers on the speedo dial, bigger blinker indicators, wireless tire pressure indicators, self repairing Avon tires, louder horn, fork brace, wilbers suspension front and rear, Russel seating, front and rear back rest, axul. rear fuel tank, (IBA Spec.), hydration canister and swivel bite valve, choice of cast alum. luggage rack, high power aux. running lights, sea fuse block, alum. dash for farkles, windshield on/off detac. switch, spot mirrors, hand guards, side case cover, highway pegs, extended drop pegs front and rear, 3 aux. power plugs, front and rear, fused, slidders, and auto deploy kickstand with self-locking device, and pullback adjustable handlebars......did I miss anything? PM. <>< :wacko:
That was great!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I think you covered it all...should cost around $22,000 OTD.

how many FJR owners do you know or are aware of that are under 40 riding any color FJR?
Face it, all you old guys own and ride them.
Uhhhh....I would say that I know 200 to 250.

Doing a little statistical check on the board where people self-report their age the ratio is approximately 6:1 of folks that have posted more than once. For every 6 people 40 or older there's 1 that's under 40.

Uncommon.....yes. But not rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
2007_Intermot_FZ1S_touring_.jpg

Dear Yammamamma

I would like a decent shop manual. That is all, Look at Hondas manuals and try to get at least half way there..... I would love that!!

FZ1 Tourer, I like it . Well there is your FJR on a 100lb diet and a few more ponies, with hard bags.

I would like to travel a couple of 500 mile days in some comfort with my stuff. Get to the Dragon, drop my luggage, make a few minor, simple adjustments and tear up hwy 129. For that I would be willing to pay 5 grand or so more - for the "premium package".

I love My black Cherry and so has everyyone who has seen it. Having a color choice would be great.
[SIZE=24pt]+1[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it would be one of two things, either:

a) stop making people put down payments months ahead of time for a bike that's not made yet, or...

B) give them a lot of custom options available, so at least they can see a reason for not having the bikes available to check out in the showroom..

As far as what I'd like to see, a beefed up electrical system with an easily accessible accessory fuse box. These days, if you don't at least have a GPS and a couple of other electrical gadgets you'd like charged (with a powerlet or something similar), you're not touring.

Scott

IM 20 and i picked the fjr ONLY because it came in black cherry, i was goign to get a zx14 which had a competitively hot white/ rusty red scheme, but the pimptitude of the black cherry won me over, plus it was way more comfffy

I'd like my electric clutch to fully engage when I'm trickling in traffic below the full engagement speed (1800 RPM) but at a road speed above the disengage engine speed (about 9 mph, equaivalent to 1300 RM [Clicky]). This would need to be gradual, to allow the minor throttle adjustment to maintain road speed, but I'm sure it could be done.

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

If you want an R1, go buy one.

If you want a 'Wing, go buy one.

This bike ain't either of those.

Start the bike off at about $7500. And build up from there.
I am talking only an FJR style model. The reason we gravitate to this type of bike is light weight, good handling, and the potential to ride it on long trips, to some of the best twisties in the world.

Bob
good luck on the $7500 price tag, considering yamaha was charging that in '92 for a new fj with ABS.
Better look again the burgman exec. is $8800 NOT $7500.

What is with people wanting self cancel turn signals, give me a break all bikes have them its called your thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.