2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Jeff’s idea of a standard and a “touring” model, but I would have a base model with a list of available options rather than two model choices. I don’t think Yami sells enough FJRs to make it cost effective for them to offer various colors, options, etc – and, any option they offer would most likely be more expensive than buying and installing it yourself. I think for something like this would would be for those folks that just want to buy a bike the way they want it w/o much regard for cost. That said, personally, a fair amount of the pleasure I get from the bike is working on it and installing various farkles to make the bike “mine.” I’m lucky in that I don’t much care about the color (as long as it isn’t that panty wearin’ cherry color!) - I have the Galaxy Blue 05 and I love the color!

I’m lucky in that I don’t much care about the color (as long as it isn’t that panty wearin’ cherry color!) - I have the Galaxy Blue 05 and I love the color!
Oh man Jim, that was :good:

I hear ya brother! I lost my cherry this week and not about to BUY it back. blue, Blue, BLue, BLUE...

How bout some self cancelling turn signals.Like the ones you put on my 1985 Fj1100.
THe Yamaha XS 1100 had self cancelling indicatorsin 1978, they were great.I like the idea of a manual clutch as well as the auto clucth ,so simple .

One thing it really needs

A load siren ! to warn D..head cage drivers there is some else on the road besides cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Yamaha,make all the whiners stop !! :glare:
Well if you read these and other forums you will realise that most are not "whiners"

The throttle is like a switch, on or off.

The springs were okay on previous models, too strong on this one.

People putting Power Commanders on to cure problems that shouldn't be there in the first place.

The FJR is the flagship of the Yamaha range of bikes and when you pay top dollar for a top of the range product, you shouldn't have to spend time and money to fix basic problems.

Dear Yamaha,

make all the whiners stop !! :glare:

Go get another glass of cool aid.

It's a great bike, but it does have some serious

issues that shouldn't have to be adderessed

by the customer.

Dear Yamaha,

make all the whiners stop !! :glare:

Go get another glass of cool aid.

It's a great bike, but it does have some serious

issues that shouldn't have to be adderessed

by the customer.
I dunno. Yesterday I wanted another gear, but today after riding the bike all day both days now I'm not so sure. And, I even sorta like it! I guess I just feel better after slappin' the biatch down. :p

Well if you read these and other forums you will realise that most are not "whiners"
Would those other forums be www.whineysniffers.com?

No it's not. You merely perceive it to be so. Quit whining.

No, they are fine, you merely perceive them to be stronger. Just more limp wristed buyers for this model, that's all. Quit whining.

People putting Power Commanders on to cure problems that shouldn't be there in the first place.
PCIII's are a wholly personal choice. It is merely your perception that this is needed. Quit whining.

The FJR is the flagship of the Yamaha range of bikes and when you pay top dollar for a top of the range product, you shouldn't have to spend time and money to fix basic problems.
Sheesh. A problem is when the motor blows up because there was no oil in it. A problem is when brakes fail and you face plant the back of a Kenworth. There is nothing on the bike that needs 'fixing', you simply perceive that something must be fixed that ain't broke. Quit whining.

One more thing: Is that you, Fred?

:grin:

Dear Yamaha,make all the whiners stop !! :glare:

The above is exactly the same whine year after year since 02. No new problems, just newer riders adding their whine to the collective whine. Happpens every year. You'll be hearing from the 07 buyers next telling you it''s not fixed. :rolleyes:

There is nothing on the bike that needs 'fixing', you simply perceive that something must be fixed that ain't broke
Must be a lot of riders falling into this category then.
Not so much.

They're the post-happy whiney minority.

me thinks #5 is going to come into play........ :glare:

There is nothing on the bike that needs 'fixing', you simply perceive that something must be fixed that ain't broke
Must be a lot of riders falling into this category then.
Fact: This bike's quickest published (that I can recall) 0 - 60 time is 2.96 seconds.

Statement: This is not fast enough for me.

Question: Is this a problem inherent to the machine or merely a perception of slowness to the rider?

Answer: Merely a perception of slowness to the rider.

School's over. Let's go play Four Square, k?

;)

30 lbs lighter with 20 more HP.

Dear Yamaha: Please do not listen to the requests above. I don't want to ride a friggen tank. :rolleyes:

I personally don't really see a need for a six speed. Came from a gw and always wanted to shift at 70 from 5th. With the fjr I have to remember to shift out of 4th at 70 while cruising.

A factory installed cruise contro would have been nice.

Color selection also a nice touch.

Stereo? Nice, but I don't miss the stereo I had on the wing, thought I would but I don't.

Mike

I like my 03 very much the way Yamaha made it. I can exceed any legal speed limit, by a factor of 2, with ease, and get to that speed quickly. The bike is comfortable to ride, and a lot of fun.

My wish list for the 08 would include an adjustable seat option that LOWERS rather than raises the stock seat height. I would also like the option of a built-in GPS.

Jill

I like the 'perception' part of the thread... hell, I came from a 2000 Boss Hoss with a Chevy350 ZZ4 motor in it...this Feejer is a feather....

My biggest gripe, and to add to the collective whine is this...

The sales brochure shows a pic of some 2-up riding on the FJR... the sales guy said I would look like this if I bought the bike... I did... and I was riding by a storefront and saw my reflection in the glass.... I dont look like whats in the pic... Gotta drop at least 150 lbs.... and that broad on the back ( hopefully it is a broad...lol... 'not that theres anything wrong with that' -seinfeld) doesnt look like my wife or my girlfriend.... what gives?

Jeez what a gyp!....

I got no gripes whatsoever on the FJR bone stock... although I have added farkles, they were of my choosing and aftermarket provides the necessary trinkets I wanted ( Thanks Skyway!!!!!).... I kinda like the fact that we can tweak/upgrade/update this bike... not like the Honda Rune where theres not really much to do with it...

I have been havin trouble explaining to my other riding buddies why I chose this bike... I like the explanation of half wing half sportbike and will run with that from now on.... I think it best fits ( in MY perception...lol)...

Great thread ... keep em comin....

Mosa

Status
Not open for further replies.