2008 Land of Enchantment 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ira, one of the event jefe's, emailed and confirmed that I am on the outside looking in, the event is closed to entries, but a cancelation may open it slightly. So here I sit waiting for someone to drop out. <_< Good luck on that I'm thinking. So maybe I get in maybe I don't. see you on Friday night anyway!
There's always cancellations/dropouts. Usually around 10% of the paid entrants. Unless you're on the bottom of a very long list, I'd be gettin' ready to participate. Good luck!

R&S Yamaha is open on Mondays, They are on the east side of town, On Juan Tabo, easy to get to.
+ 1 on R&S on Juan Tabo.

Another option is the Cycle Gear M/C acc. store just off I-40 @ San Mateo (N. side). They have (some) tires in-stock and will mount them -- if you can bring in the wheel only (off the bike). Open 7 days.

Well, I found out about this rally today (Thanks NMRoadrunner). I sent Jeff an e-mail, but figure I will be on the same waiting list as a few others. No big deal. Who knows, maybe I will see some of you there.

On a different note, there is a bike shop on Isleta Road, which runs south of Albuquerque and is much closer to Los Lunas than either Bobby J's (where I get my bike serviced) or R&S. The shop is Xpress MotoCare at 6230 Isleta Rd. SW (just south of the intersection of Pajarito Rd and Isleta) Their number is 505-877-6686 and their mechanic is Chris. He's a great guy and although he doesn't do my service cuz I have PPM, he is my tire guy. The shop is open on Mondays which is good for this area. Chris said they are pretty slow on Mondays and may be short a tech, so if anyone is thinking of going by for tires or maintenence, either give him a call or send him an e-mail so he can plan to keep wait times short. His e-mail address is: [email protected]

If any of you end up needing anything, (like a garage to mount/dismount your tires) feel free to call. You can PM me for my info, and I am on the assistance list. Because of my job, I have contacts all over the state and the resources to get a bike out of a jam. Be safe!

I'm too F...ing late to get in :dribble: Sucks to be me! We'll see you at tech inspection anyway. Have a safe ride in to NM, the weather has been perfect! If you need any help or information let me know.

New tires are on the bike all I will need is a oil change somewhere around AZ-UT. Should be heading south on Sunday can't wait 30 NP and all kinds of twistes once I leave SD. That ride from MN to the Badlands is BORING!!! Should be a hoot after that, can't wait to meet some of you fellow FJR guy's. In true LD rider fashion I turned a 1300 mile ride into 3000 :yahoo:

I'm too F...ing late to get in :dribble: Sucks to be me! We'll see you at tech inspection anyway. Have a safe ride in to NM, the weather has been perfect! If you need any help or information let me know.
Sorry you didn't make it in but glad to hear you will be at the tech inspection. Take everyone see you Thursday

We are looking GOOOOOODDDD for the weekend

Albuquerque, NM Long Range Forecast:

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Yeah Baby - a full 41 degrees at night!!

Brian R.

You guys are funny, 41 in Alb/Los Lunas area is about mid to low 30's in the mountains. :dribble: I'm excited about the weather forecast but need to stay out of the mountains once night falls. The super slab's will be chilly too. Oh well tec inspect in 4 days can you say come on Friday.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are funny, 41 in Alb/Los Lunas area is about mid to low 30's in the mountains. :dribble: I'm excited about the weather forecast but need to stay out of the mountains once night falls. The super slab's will be chilly too. Oh well tec inspect in 4 days can you say come on Friday.
Dave
Low 30's you say??

Perfect ST1300 weather!! I think I'll just leave the heated gear at home...

Brian R.

Dave
Low 30's you say??

Perfect ST1300 weather!! I think I'll just leave the heated gear at home...

Brian R.
Brian,

Thinking about it, that ST of yours will probably keep the air temp around 70 with the heat it can throw. :D See you Friday

It's not the cold temps in the mountians you need to worry about. It's the Elk and the Deer, :unsure: even in the foothills and low canyons. Turn the "rat fryers" to high beam, Scotty!

Well shit, sometimes life really SUCKS!!! Turns out I will not be able to attend this year and defend my 'title'. :( :angry2:

I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am. Especially if this turns out to be the 'last' LOE1000 as various ruminations have talked of the possibility of.

You all have fun, be safe, and kick some ass! I'll be thinking of youse guys throughout the weekend.

I am seriously bummed. Fuke.

turd . . . . Sometimes you float, sometimes you sink. I arrived about 4 today. Destroyed my cell phone on the way & spent about 3 hrs at Verizon going between corporate & local store trying to keep my same number. For now if you call my number it will be forwarded to the new phone. Doug5551 arrived tonight and cruizer who was here earlier. Several others here also. ham burger !

Sometimes when things don't go the way you wanted them to, it still works out in the end. I could'nt get into the rally, so we picked up a nice catering job for the baloon fiesta, so I made some $$$$, and it started raining in the state around 7pm last night and has been raining all night long. Running the second half of the event in the rain at night couldn't have been fun, even for those nuts. :rolleyes: I hope they all made it in safely.

Well, I'm sitting here at the guest hotel right now. As far as I know all riders have checked in and everyone is OK. One rider had an 'incident' with a four legged forest rat, but everyone (with the exception of said rat) is OK. I won't mention which rider had the situation in case they decide they don't want to certain 'companies' knowing what happened this weekend.

The awards banquet is in an hour and a half, so we'll see how everyone does. I'm hoping for a good finish, but I know other riders scored lower than me.... yes folks, lowest score wins this rally. Very different, and very cool concept.

I saw some photos on the web that include shots of a K12GT being loaded onto a flatbed. Can it be that we lost yet another FD in a rally? This is really not funny any more.