2009 2 million mile push !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the late up date just came back for the smokey mountains and cherokke total for June is a Record breaking [SIZE=36pt]102,096.3 [/SIZE]Very Large Miles .Thanks to all that posted up .!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
2186 for me for June up to the 3rd of July. 99% was a great tour of the Western States with Bambi. Stay tuned for a ride report

620 from when I first bought the bike on 6/22 to 6/30

Then 550 over the weekend :) (Had to go to a wedding in Boston area)

OK, another great day Feejerin'

Met Jeff Q in Picayune, MS, perused the local Cycle Shack and ran into his previous bike Hayabusa with engine work and mega farkle...had 29k miles and he put on it 18k miles...nice bike, wanted a test ride, Jeff said I wouldn't be able to handle it !!! :angry2:

<shhhhhh, but he's probly rite... :rolleyes: >

We then had breakfast at Aweful Waffle (house) and headed north on hwy 11 away from the interstate to Hattiesburg. Interesting ride to downtown and then double back a bit to Camp Shelby, local Army base for secondary training of USA and Guard troops heading for the sandbox (done many PGR send offs there). Jeff wanted to shop the PX, so we skipped a visit to the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum.

Headed out the South Gate and stopped right outside at the three Pigs BBQ eatery. Very good burgers, good potatoe salad and good slaw <oh, don't ever show or present a pickle in Jeff's presence; just take my word>

Fueled up and headed back south and split up...he headed south to his home Biloxi; I headed southwest through Nawlins' to Metairie through rush hour. I was gone 9am to 5:45pm.

A great day on the Feejer with great Feejer bud. :yahoo:

292 miles for moi :clapping:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Served with the PGR at the funeral of LCpl. Daniel Gueringer, USMC, 20 Years Old

Today's funeral was quite touching...great parents of this Marine...seemed on the outside to be holding up OK...little sister in high school, not so well.

I was honored to present them with some gifts from the PGR and they and all of us were touched by their strength and outlook on this tragedy. And a tragedy it certainly is.

Daniel, I never knew ya, but asking about you and receiving a one minute smiling response from your parents, they expressed your love of high school football, and your pride of accomplishment in sucessfully becoming a Marine and serving the Corp in the infantry. You served a tour in Iraq, and were slated to serve later this year in Afganistan. They spoke of you with deep pride and gobs of love. Well done, Daniel...Semper Fi my man.

Oh, when I mentioned you shot expert with the M16 (noticed your shooting badge on your dress blues), your Dad grinned ear to ear nodding. Was a nice moment for me.

4am to 4pm. Had an involtuntary nap soon after I got back home.

Total 417 miles

Served with the PGR at the funeral of LCpl. Daniel Gueringer, USMC, 20 Years Old
Today's funeral was quite touching...great parents of this Marine...seemed on the outside to be holding up OK...little sister in high school, not so well.

I was honored to present them with some gifts from the PGR and they and all of us were touched by their strength and outlook on this tragedy. And a tragedy it certainly is.

Daniel, I never knew ya, but asking about you and receiving a one minute smiling response from your parents, they expressed your love of high school football, and your pride of accomplishment in sucessfully becoming a Marine and serving the Corp in the infantry. You served a tour in Iraq, and were slated to serve later this year in Afganistan. They spoke of you with deep pride and gobs of love. Well done, Daniel...Semper Fi my man.

Oh, when I mentioned you shot expert with the M16 (noticed your shooting badge on your dress blues), your Dad grinned ear to ear nodding. Was a nice moment for me.

4am to 4pm. Had an involtuntary nap soon after I got back home.

Total 417 miles
Another GREAT job . Thanks Patriot

Great riding day with friends...couples day as my daughters are at Church Camp and I have the AIW all to myself :yahoo:

Amy Jo and I on my '04 and Jeff Q and wifey Sonia stopped by at the Oliver Palace both on their '08 and we headed out for a planned ride to Cajun Country.

Metairie to Thibodeaux to Morgan City to Delcambre to Erath to Abbeville to Lafayette

Cajun Restaurant, sight unseen, run by an Asian family, but the seafood, burgers, onion rings, and fried alligator was to die for.

Great friends, great food, great riding...what a day... :yahoo:

with comfortable (a distant squall cooled the air off) to warm to hot (103 ambient on the sunny interstate)

my wife and I would have died without my Miracool cooling vest and her Techiche

315 miles today :clapping: