2009 2 million mile push !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5th annual New Orleans Ride to Eat Gathering held this weekend

385 miles and a great time by all :yahoo:

ride report to follow in the day(s) to come but I'm still glowing from fresh broiled flounder covered in blue crab meat, thin sliced wild catfish, oyster stew, and bbq jumbo shrimp (paradox, I know).

Boiled shrimp, boiled crawfish, raw oysters, char grilled oysters, seafood gumbo, and raw oysters were had Saturday.

today's breakfast was poached eggs benedict over crab cakes, fresh LA delicious tomatoes with homemade ranch dressing & local Community coffee/chickory. Also fresh squeezed orange juice from down south LA orange orchards. Last was powdered sugar dusted Beignets.

more to come... (yes, there are roads to describe)

To all the Forum MEMBERS living in the north east , I know at this time of year when i was living in brooklyn N.Y. THEN MOVED TO sTATEN iSLAND n.y. for 14 years i was itching for those 2 or 3 days in a row for some nice days to ride .Checking the t.v for the weather a hell of a lot more .HOPE they come in WEEKS for you Ladies and gents . Be safe and have a great time . 20 mths . in N.C. and 45 is getting cold for me to ride HEY dont LAUGH at me it true and it sucks ..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolled over 67K on the odometer last night - sounds like a good round number to start counting from for 2009.
@ 69K today (so 2,000 miles to add) when I put on a new rear tire. Mostly commuting, couple 2-300 mile jaunts up to the Forest Hill area - Mosquito Ridge is fairly clean - some rockfalls, still blocked by snow just past Power Station Road as of Saturday, 3/28.

Add in 2926 for me for the month of March. Trip to the Hill Country with Sparky and wifey, couple of day of just goofing off, and a trip to Austin to testify for SB506, the Lane Sharing bill (passed the Senate, BTW, off to the House now :yahoo: )

+227 on Wabs 5.45 gallons
Wabs only has a 5.8 gal tank!!! Nicely done.

Anyway, I can't find my readings from the 1st of March on the odometer, so I will have to take it from when the new chain was fitted.

V-Strom March Mileage: 41.3 mi

Bicycle mileage for March: 905.74 mi

Total mileage for March: 947 mi.

ODO reading at new chain: 23431

ODO reading at end of March: 23472