2009 Bike Blessing Barrington, IL to Woodstock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeldeal72

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in attending this early year ride, see details below. Last year was fun, but very cold (39 degrees). Hopefully this year the weather will be as blessed as the bikes. Good time, free food, music and prizes. If the weather is nice we expect over 300 riders. Last year we had over 200. I think wheaton and couger were there.

Saturday, April 25th

Kick Off Your Riding Season With Us!

Annual Blessing of the Bikes and Ride

Willow Creek Community Church, Parking Lot A

63 East Algonquin Road, Barrington, IL

(East side, closest to Algonquin Rd. entrance)

9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.

Stage Bikes

Enjoy morning refreshments

10:00 a.m.

Guest Speaker: Mel Alger

Blessing of the Bikes: Russ Robinson and Mark Robinson

Scenic Ride to Woodstock Harley Davidson for Lunch, Live Music and Prizes

Lunch provided by Woodstock HD with validation of attendance at HRRs Bike Blessing.

Drawings for Woodstock HD gift bags and door prizes!

3-$100 gift certificates!

Invite ALL your riding friends!

RSVP appreciated but not necessary

To RSVP or for more information: Contact Gary or Cindy

[email protected] • 224-512-1576

If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Once again, I'm going to miss this one. Ironic because it's even at the church that I regularly attend. But I hope the Chicago FJR contingent makes a strong showing!

Once again, I'm going to miss this one. Ironic because it's even at the church that I regularly attend. But I hope the Chicago FJR contingent makes a strong showing!
Bummer Murph, but looks like the weather is going to be great. If any of the other Chicago guys do make it, come by and let me know your there. I'm usually leading the 2nd group to the right of the Road Captain. So look for the 2008 Black FJR in the front row.

Wheeldeal,

If there is still room I plan to be there. To nice a day to miss an outing. I have to stop in the office Saturday anyway which luck would have it is also in Wheeling off Dundee and Wheeling Rd. I'll also be riding a Black 08' and hope to see you there!

Dave K

Great time with great people. There was an outstanding turn out even with the momentary sprinkles of rain. Woodstock Harley also went all out with free food and entertainment. Definitely an event to add to the calender page. Plus now that my bike is blessed I can safely exceed the speed limit without fear! :no: A total of 3 FJR's represented including myself. Great to meet a few forum members in person, GypsyCaravan (cool vent mods) and Ken thanks again for the heads up on this. Here are a few photos to entice others to show next year.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

Dave K

Dave thanks for posting the pics of the event. It was a great time and a great turn out. I was glad to see a couple of bikes from the Chicago Group and hope next year we can see even more. You should have posted a pic of your Raven 08 too :)

Ken

Yep, it turned out to be a decent event this year. This was my 2nd time attending this. The rain held off until I got home.

I meant to spend more time chatting with all, but the folks I rode with had to scoot out pretty soon after we arrived at Woodstock.

Dave, it was good to meet you. I'll be in touch. What comm system do you have again? I need to pick up something fairly soon.

Wheeldeal, we'll have to meet sometime... I ride to church occasionally, but have teenagers that need to attend Student Impact / late service... maybe I'll get the chance to make it early on a Sunday, and catch up with the HRR group.

-Jonathan