• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 FJR1300 AE For Sale in Green Bay, WI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screaming deal...even missing a clutch lever!
grin.gif

--G

I bought my 2010 from there last year, they gave a fair amount for my trade in too.

I just sent those boys an email. Me thinks, this is the one that I can't pass by. Let the games begin. :)
...do it majic, deals like this don't come up very often!
--G
I totally agree, escapefjrtist. Rick (xcsp) Is a real good guy and he's doing me a huge favor of giving it a real good look see for me. He's even agreed to take it for a test ride. He's taking pictures of it for me. If he gives me the green light, I'll be all over that bike like a bad rash. I've passed on about a half dozen '09AE's because I was waiting for the perfect one. This might be it. My trigger finger is vibrating. I'll keep you posted. Stand By to Stand By! :D

I went to the shop this morning and checked out the FJR, was hoping it would have been in nicer shape given the low mileage and this dealership usually has pristine used vehicles.

Not that it wouldn't make for a nice ride for many, but for those like myself, this bike was a little rough around the edges. Definitely could use a good detailing.

I rode it out on some side roads and the interstate and it runs out well!

Has scrapes on the upper fairings and mirrors, and front turn signals. Some looks like it may have been caused by improper transporting on a trailer?

A scrape on the right lower fairing as well as on the left side engine cover-maybe a tip-over in the driveway?

Bikes has brand new Michelin PR2's, which not quite sure why at 3200 miles it has new skins other than maybe the previous owner road slab all the time.

No bag liners in the panniers and the left fork tube seal is leaking, which they would take care of.

Appeared that it may have once had a Throttlemeister cruise, but no now, evidence of the mis-matched barends.

Here's a link to pics that I took today.

https://s444.photobucket.com/user/xcsp1/library/2009 FJR1300 AE

Have to mention that this was my 1st time riding an AE model and it was "different", not in a bad way, kind of fun actually.

Also, while I was there figured I might as well try out their demo FJ-09, fun ride, definately not as smooth as the FJR, but think it would be a fun addition to the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Rick. Yeah, a weee bit too rough for my taste. The few visible leaks were disturbing especially for a bike with just over 3K mikes on it. In a split second of looking at the pictures I noticed that there were no sliders. That speaks volumes about all the scratches. No harm, No foul. I have time on my side.

You're right on the different " and "fun" part. It's awesome. My bike is pristine and runs like a Swiss watch right now. I'm hoping a deal comes up a lot closer to me. The one in Denver looks real good but, it's still 2,000 miles away. Thank you for the look see. Much appreciated.

Vic

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad it's so rough Vic...looked good from here in Seattle!

Keep up the search, the right one will show up before you know it.

--G

Too bad it's so rough Vic...looked good from here in Seattle!
Keep up the search, the right one will show up before you know it.

--G
I will, G. I'm going to find the perfect one by hook or by crook. It's not an urgent matter though. Mine is purring like a kitten. Still in love with it too. I have time. One will fall in my lap and hopefully within arms reach from here. :)