Hard Miles 2, The 2009 Iron Butt Rally DVD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All pre-sale "Hard Miles 2" are being stuffed into envelopes today.

They will go to the post office EOD Friday. All who ordered under the pre-sale will get theirs the first week of August.

Damn you! You get more of my money again!
I just hope that you got rid of that stupid bastard who was always saying stupid stuff in the background of Hard Miles 2007. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dean

I got my pre order in today. Like many others, I was glued to my computer for 11 days too. This video will definitely be shared among my friends hopefully getting them hooked on the idea of our sport.

Brodie

Thanks Dean
I got my pre order in today. Like many others, I was glued to my computer for 11 days too. This video will definitely be shared among my friends hopefully getting them hooked on the idea of our sport.

Brodie
They showed part of the CD ... and Dean gave a great explanation on IBA.....

B...

They will go to the post office EOD Friday. All who ordered under the pre-sale will get theirs the first week of August.

Damn you! You get more of my money again!
I just hope that you got rid of that stupid bastard who was always saying stupid stuff in the background of Hard Miles 2007. :D

Thanks man! I'm looking forward to seeing it. I was lucky enough to win a copy at WFO, and after seeing the preview at the dinner I am really psyched. The production quality is really great, and although I'm not a real ironbutt type rider, I appreciated the riders stories and film. I recommend it to people who like riding and watching people suffer ( :lol: ).

Just wish I could be at the premier on Saturday. My family must INTENTIONALLY schedule stuff around LD events; they always confict! :angry: Sweet revenge will be making them watch Hard Miles 2 a couple of dozen times! :rolleyes:

Just wish I could be at the premier on Saturday. My family must INTENTIONALLY schedule stuff around LD events; they always confict! :angry: Sweet revenge will be making them watch Hard Miles 2 a couple of dozen times! :rolleyes:
Did ya'll see Greg from Scootsdale live on the internet tonight?????

R

I missed the red carpet walk, but will check for the readers digest version tomorrow. Very much looking forward to it! Dean, Colin, Corey, you guys really did a great job! I know you all worked your asses off and it shows.

I did get my copy in the mail today though! It's excellent! I think everyone cringes when they see themselves on film, but there was one moment I was particularly shocked by because all I could think was, "Holy shit! I do look like my mother!"

I realized how screwed up my thinking was that I could make it to Rand about 15 minutes down the road from Mountain Meadows. I also strongly suspected that was going to make it to the final version of HM2. That little mix up is what totally screwed up my third leg. Somehow, when I was regrouping after realizing there was no way in hell I was going to make it to Rand before dark, I threw away the rest of my leg instead of just skipping it or maybe waiting for daylight. Incredibly valuable lesson learned. And proof of something that was said in the video about how later in the rally, it's very easy to get confused and not really understand how in the world you got there. I had a clear route planned and threw it away. Hell, I didn't even realize I threw it away until after the rally.

Great job guys. Really great job.

Mine came today, much to my surprise. It was a lot of fun, the production values are much higher than the 2007 edition.

I was pretty disappointed that starting just before Mr Higdon announced the winner the audio dropped out and the video was distorted for about two minutes.

I'm still glad I ordered it, I was cheering for all the FJR riders.

And I got mine too....and watched it all last night.

Leg 3 came up and I found myself actually leaning forward, sitting on the edge of my seat, heart racing, and clapping for Owen and Earls!

I have about 2 or 3 lines in it.....a little minor commentary to add to the story. ;)

Our BionicPelvis does very well and kittykat is a natural on camera!

Hard Miles 2 production quality is WAY better than the first. More action shots and the style is more settled. I highlighy recommend the purchase of the video....just to watch Warchild actually become speechless at one dude's Goldwing tech. inspection alone and walk away is worth the price! :)

Mine arrived last night and my son and I watched it. AWESOME! I enjoyed every minute of this fine production. Good stuff.

I was pretty disappointed that starting just before Mr Higdon announced the winner the audio dropped out and the video was distorted for about two minutes.
I'm still glad I ordered it, I was cheering for all the FJR riders.
There are a small number of folks who ordered Hard Miles 2 who are experiencing digital "noise" or "scramble" in Chapters 22 & 23. Some are freezing at the "Davo/Lisa on the phone" scene, others as Jim Owen arrives at Zip's.

If you have this problem, please contact me.

Dean Tanji

Producer, Hard Miles 2

[email protected]

714-667-1010

Dean

Thank you for the excellent job documenting the '09 IBR. I found my DVD in the mail box this morning, needless to say it went straight into my player.

What a great job you and your crew did! You captured the suspense and excitement that this event engendered. Hard to believe it's been a year already since I became glued to my laptop for 11 days following it.

:good:

This video belongs on The History Channel
Brodie