2009...what a good year for riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P5300100.jpg

That's one Hellav Big Cock you got there Bikergeek.... :wacko:

...I've compiled all 2009 fotos, made them into an iMovie,
Let's get the damn thing posted, Carver! I ain't gettin' any younger. (Don't say it.)

BTW, I'm riding 2today! I need to bust through 40k in 2010, just a personal goal. .
CBA Prez? I think not, when this gets out.

P5300100.jpg
That's one Hellav Big Cock you got there Bikergeek....
Bearly, perhaps you should do your flirting via PM? :D

(BTW, Geek, when the head gets all red like that, it's trying to tell you something.)

Didn't do quite as much riding as I would have liked to (I probably never will ;) )

but there sure were a few memorable motorcycling days this past revolution around the sun...

The riding season started out for me last spring with a pilgrimage to Sag Harbor, along with ionbeam (Alan) and cota95 (George) to visit our friend The Axeman (Chris) and more importantly, pay our respects to a true American Hero, Chris' son Jordan.

100_0441.jpg

100_0447.jpg

My biggest, bestest, most unforgettable ride of the year was a full week-long family vacation ride through MA, VT, NY, PA, MD, and West Virginia with my wife (Joann), our son (Freddie) and his girlfriend (Amy).

Picture099.jpg

Picture105.jpg

100_1563.jpg

In July snikr (Tom) and I organized the Greens and Whites group ride, a splendid 2 days of northern New England roads in the heat of midsummer:

100_1627.jpg

IMG_7859asm.jpg

100_1864.jpg

In October, (after a false start due to bad weather) I led the annual Covered Bridges of NH ride again:

100_0873.jpg

3999624490_099e60ea86_b.jpg

Hooked up with roadrunner (Art) and pmk6v( Pete) over in Vermont for a chilly little fall day-ride.

100_1061.jpg

100_1059c.jpg

Finally wrapped up the riding season with a nice Bonus Ride out to the coast and down around Cape Ann on the north shore of Massachusetts with ionbeam, his wife Helen and FJReady (Russ).

IMG_3585b.jpg

100_1071.jpg

There were lot's of other undocumented day rides around New England. I'm bad when it comes to stopping and taking pictures unless I'm riding with other folks. Hoping to have many more rides to report on and especially to look back at by the end of 2010. :thumbsup:

Happy New Year, everyone.

Here's wishing that the New Year brings you all that you desire. ;)

VERY nice everybody! Nice to see the little stories behind the pictures. 2009 was definitely a good riding year for many of us. B)

Here's to a great 2010. :clapping:

I had a great year of riding:

P1020087_edited.jpg

In January I went down to the UpChuck1000 to observe. Pics too.

P1020146_edited.jpg

In May my wife and I took a 4,000 mile ride down to Utah and Southern Calif. Where we took in Natural Bridges, Zion, Yosemite. More pics.

In June it made my way up north to CFR in Nakusp, British Columbia:

At the end of June and first of July I assisted in showing off Mt. St. Helens and the Oregon Coast to fellow FJR owners: Twistedcricket on the left and nofreeride:

Near the end of July I took off for Philpsburg, Mt. to pick up some dam checkpoints. Also turned 100,000K on the odometer in Idaho.

100K%20CLUB.jpg

A week later I returned to Idaho to get some huckleberry pie and ice cream in Elk River. A few other FJR owners showed up too. Moscow-WFO 09

Then it was back up to Mt. St. Helen's Windy Ridge for the Volcano Ride in August.

Not done yet, took another ride to Utah and added Arizona and the Grand Canyon. SWFOG in Page. Just a few FJR owners there too. Lots of Pics.

The last get together, ride to Maupin for the night. A few friends showed up there too.

Just over 24,600 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great pictures in here folks. Keep them coming.

A couple of my highlights. 2009 was a good year for touring! Started on a TL1000R and ended on an FJR. :D

Hyogo Halloween Tour:

699205720_6cVcj-L.jpg

699208957_vgxNu-L.jpg

699206003_6xvTy-L.jpg

Izu:

727730681_y2rcr-L.jpg

727732578_gngZi-L.jpg

727735240_9qYnF-L.jpg

Mie Coast:

678153405_VQktX-L.jpg

678152724_LLhPj-L.jpg

678154770_K5akZ-L.jpg

678156402_MLhaE-L.jpg

My daughter's little Travel Bear and I got to ride 5 countries this year, if'n we include the US of A after finding some new roads. Here's the lecherous little guy admiring the wimins at the Fountain of Trevi in Rome. As you can see, he has 3 coins for the fountain:

IMG_7114.jpg

(You're truly an old fart if you know about the 3 coins in the fountain bit :p )

And here's the little guy riding the dash on a Honda on the Italian coast:

DeauvillerightSantaSevera.jpg

Met lots of new folks, some kinda air-headed:

ATGATTStatueleft.jpg

But the bestest & goodest was that my son started riding:

IMG_6880.jpg

Well my rides started in May with Mr and Mrs Moosehead and Bungie. Bungie called it Meet in the Middle but I called it Spring Fling.

DSCF1942.jpg

After Bungie posted up some Monolith pics from BurkesFalls I took my sons G/F for a ride out to see them myself.

DSCF2520.jpg

My friend Brian and I took a few days and rode up and around the Bruces Penninsula.

DSCF2455.jpg

In July I went to James Bay. Raddison Quebec. My travel mates were Scott (CanadianFJR) Mike(Moosehead)and Chester (KSFJR). This is one of the most desolate rides I've been on. 644 kms of private hwy. With one fuel stop in the middle. Dipped my tires into the bay. It was truly a awe inspiring trip.

DSCF2282.jpg

This is the Robert Bourassa Dam 1. about a half mile wide! It backed up countless rivers and created a huge lake system. It provides 25% of Quebecs Electricity.

DSCF2331.jpg

September was EOM. What a great ride with Steve (Bungie). We had luck on our side for most of the trip. We managed to dodge the rain that plagued everyone else. Rode the Dragon again and the Snake for the first time. We rode mostly secondary roads the whole trip.

DSCF2659.jpg

I did little riding after that and finally parked the bike in late November.

I've already planned 2 trips in 2010. The Wheaty Round-up is first on the list.