2010 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanFJR

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the 2010 FJR1300 as far as paint scheme, upgrades from 2009, etc. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Barney purple and 850 lbs. since they added all the crap everybody wants on one.

They're going a darker black in 2010.

Turn signal cancelers are added, but they removed the adjustable windshield to keep the price the same.

Revised sidestand that's more positive in deployment, however it's a lighter material and may snap off now. Tipovers will be covered under warranty now.

They're dropping displacement to 1150cc to improve fuel economy. Bigger sidecases may offset this though...and they'll have to lower the exhaust cans and will drag around corners more...oh and the cans are bigger because of emissions changes. Think dual exhaust size of the new Connie big! However, the exhaust note sounds like a Ducati crossed with an R1 now! BRAP!

Gearing is improved and you'll be doing 5,000 RPM at 70 mph.

Unlike previous years where they don't tell anything until the week of release...they've been sharing this information with forums first many months before. We're the first to know! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they go with the John Ryan style gas tank. With optional air bag of course.

No harm intended. The guy is amazing and his feats a dream for the majority.

FJR AEADD model -

No clutch lever, no brake lever, fully linked brakes with only a foot pedal.

CC, 10 speeds, (top end no taller than the 5 speed), fixed tiny windscreen.

No tach, HUGE centrally located gear position display with small digital speedo below it.

No hard bags, 200 rear tire, rear sets, tiny pillion pad, 3 gallon tank.

Total chrome finish.

Thanks....I was looking for some serious information if anyone has any. I wanted to see if the 2010's were going to be a different color other than black and any upgrades that may be worth the wait. The dealer knows that I am not happy with the long wait due to the ignition recall issue on my new 2007, so they have given me the option of not taking the bike since, I have not formally signed any sale contract documents yet!!

Thanks....I was looking for some serious information if anyone has any. I wanted to see if the 2010's were going to be a different color other than black and any upgrades that may be worth the wait. The dealer knows that I am not happy with the long wait due to the ignition recall issue on my new 2007, so they have given me the option of not taking the bike since, I have not formally signed any sale contract documents yet!!
Serious information??? :dribble: I think you've come to the wrong Forum

So, um, what does the dealer know about the 2010s? About the same as we do. 2 wheels, a motor, most will have clutch levers.

FJR AEADD model -

No tach, HUGE centrally located gear position display with small digital speedo below it.

Total chrome finish.
:lol: :lol:

According to alot of posts on this Forum....that model is gonna be hot, hot, hot!

:rolleyes:

FJR AEADD model -

Total chrome finish.
:lol: :lol:

According to alot of posts on this Forum....that model is gonna be hot, hot, hot!

:rolleyes:

Forgot to add - Drag Launch Control - Preset one button, then whack the throttle and it automatically engages the moment you hit 9k with a slipper clutch computer controlled to avoid excessive wheel lift.

@DeanFJR - Try calling Yamaha Customer Service. They know more, but may or may not actually tell you what they know. The dealers haven't had their meeting yet on the 2010 models.

Just have the fn dealer do a paint job for ya. If your biggest problem is deciding on color of which you will have no choice unless you want to go with a clutchless MC. I think yellow is what you may be looking for.

Just pull the trigger and get a freekin bike. you can allways trade up. :blink:

Don't let these guys fool you. Yamaha released the info a month ago. For 2010 there will be color choices. I have been told Yellow, Black, Red and Silver. Also there they have upgraded the cam chain tensioner, but this will be fixed on the older bikes through a recall. It will come with PR2s as the new standard tire. The stator output will be upgraded 100 watts.

I would wait for the new model. After all its getting to hot ride now during the summer.

You guys need to quit messing with the FNGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.