2010 sidebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't "accidently" order '03 bags. Bags are included with the bike in North America, even if shipped separately. Yammy maybe had a serious paint batch issue.

Although the parts fiche doesn't list separate bags for the 2010. Yet.

They didn't "accidently" order '03 bags. Bags are included with the bike in North America, even if shipped separately. Yammy maybe had a serious paint batch issue.
Although the parts fiche doesn't list separate bags for the 2010. Yet.

your right

the bags are sent out for that particular bike

but in canada the bags come from a seperate warehouse form the bikes

dealer has been in contact with yamaha and they are checking part numbers to see what the mis up is

he assured me today they would be getting the issue resolved and to consider these bags loners till the right ones show up

oh and from what ive been hearing these 2010s have a much smoother finish to the paint allowing them to glide through the air much better resulting in a much faster machine then previous years

:finger: :drinks:

Wfooshee is right, it's not the dealer. I'm betting some scrub in the warehouse saw "Liquid Silver" on the box and sent 'em off.
doubtfull

the boxes only have the part number on them

im thinking the end of shift on friday some twit stuck the wrong bags in the right box

or vise versa

none the less a pain in the neck to have to deal with stuff like that on a new purchase

So, what is the part number? - that'll tell you whether Yamaha has a paint problem or whether you have the wrong bags.

Doesn't matter what they do, the 2003 was the fastest year - then the '04s & '05s - the Gen-II bikes are slowest by virtue of gearing and weight.

On the "back east" forum here is a post with a pic at the dealer of the bike a guy just put a deposit on. Don't look like a good match on the bags, to me.

I didn't have the heart to post in his thread about the mismatch.

Then out of curiousity I went to Yamaha's gallery on their web site, and from these, I don't think they match at all:

10SPBK_FJR1300A_Sil_A1_195_5296f0ff.jpg

10SPBK_FJR1300_Sil_A3_ec34f651.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my dealer has be talkign with yamaha regarding the colour of the sidebags

yamaha only has one part number for the 2010 sidebags and that part number matches the earlier silver fjr

so they do not make a sidebag in the same colour as the 2010 witch is a bit odd

the dealer is trying to have yamaha agree to painting my sidebags to match the bike if not he is goign to pay to have them painted

i dont want the dealer to have to pay the bill for a manufacturers screw up but i would liek the bags to match the bike

dont know what the outcome will be so ill have to wait and see

ill let ya all know thouhg

That's a very strange shortcut for Yamaha to take. Apparently not enough of us are dropping our 2003s and getting new sidebags, so they're overstocked.

OTOH, if they weren't more than a grand a pair, more of us might have replaced them, myself included. Still riding with this 2-year-old "scratch:"

DSC_0008.jpg

:blink: Since this color difference is on a Canadian model, I'm thinking the error lies in the metric system used in that country. :crazy:

Sorry. I couldn't resist that.

:blink: Since this color difference is on a Canadian model, I'm thinking the error lies in the metric system used in that country. :crazy:
Sorry. I couldn't resist that.
im thinkign its on all 2010 models canadian and us

i was down south last week lookign at a 2010 on the showroom floor and again no bags on it

whe ni asked if i could see the bags the dealer told me the same excuse every other dealer has

the bags are still boxed up so as not to get scratched

but the 09s all have the bags on them in the dealers

i think they know there is a colour difference but just want to get rid of old stock

bastages

and we all know the metric sytem really is the way to go

The 10 I saw at my local shop (Apex Motorsports) had bags on it. I wish I had paid more attention to the overall bike rather than comparing the tank color to my 03.