2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom's latest daily report is out. He includes some extra info that riders were given initially at the start of the rally indicating leg 3 point values would go up and be at least enough as the 4-corners ride. I need to see those point values. Still looks like the Hyder boys, and now Frens has a good advantage. I think it will be difficult for Frens to catch Meese. He is still 3950 points behind him and must be tired as hell. Question is, can Jewell make any significant ground up on Meese, Peak, and Frens? And will Peak continue to go for 4-corners?

Damn, wish I could see those point values!

I think it will be difficult for Frens to catch Meese. He is still 3950 points behind him and must be tired as hell.
I know Jim he can ride, and I believe this is a rally for him with his experience over Meese. The four corners is 4800 points and I bet he grabs every high point capitol Meese grabs. Those grabbing Key west now just won't have time to grab the capitols to get the last corner either.

Go Jim Go!

Damn, wish I could see those point values!
The western state capitols are more than twice as far from the base route as Harrisbug, a 1,000 point bonus, is. So they would each be worth more than 2,000. Then, Austin tells us that the points/mile that capitols are worth from the base route has doubled on this final leg. That means that Austin, Denver, Carson City and Sacramento are all worth 4,000 to 5,000 points each.

So .... They are on the road and some are heading South, which is not the way to Tallahassee, so Key West will be getting some action.
Check out the weather in Key West this morning. I think those who went to Key West must miss the beautiful weather they enjoyed on Leg 1. :unsure: :p

So .... They are on the road and some are heading South, which is not the way to Tallahassee, so Key West will be getting some action.
Check out the weather in Key West this morning. I think those who went to Key West must miss the beautiful weather they enjoyed on Leg 1. :unsure: :p
Delightful...

KWWeather062811.png

Just another day in paradise, hope nobody blows out a flip flop and steps on a pop-top. :)

well, no rain to contend with in Baton Rouge, but let me tell ya, the heat index is running around 106+ today...hope they stay hydrated.

well, no rain to contend with in Baton Rouge, but let me tell ya, the heat index is running around 106+ today...hope they stay hydrated.
Looks like there's some gnarly weather in Tennesse & northern Alabama and Mississippi. Some of the riders are heading in to it.

Only briefly. Have to make it look like we are doing something productive.

Haha, yeah we do have to actually get some work done. Jeez!

The currently viewing number is at 74, so I'd say this topic is still generating plenty of interest...

Looks like the last riders on SPOT have left Key West. They have a loooong way to go........

Apparently, those Nashville points value must have been attractive..... and, jeeze, that's a lot of people still down in the Key West area....

8_845.jpg

If that bunch in Lousiana as of 11am Tuesday are headed to Austin they ought to start arriving here in Austin in the early afternoon. Perhaps a chance for me to groupie them as they take pictures of the tallest Capital building in American. :yahoo:

Of course with the temperature above 100F, I might find the 10 mile trip from my home to the Capital a bit too stressful for me. :unsure:

I met a few riders here at the Jackson, MS capitol. One is a member on this board and rides a FJR blk cherry(a Gator fan) I'll be glad to update you guys if allowed and not breaking any rules. I don't really have all that much to say as I did not want to take up his time...... He gave permission to give you guys a status and hello....

If that bunch in Lousiana as of 11am Tuesday are headed to Austin they ought to start arriving here in Austin in the early afternoon. Perhaps a chance for me to groupie them as they take pictures of the tallest Capital building in American. :yahoo:

Of course with the temperature above 100F, I might find the 10 mile trip from my home to the Capital a bit too stressful for me. :unsure:
The Louisiana State Capitol building is the capitol building of the state of Louisiana, located in Baton Rouge. The capitol houses the Louisiana State Legislature[3], the governor's office, and parts of the executive branch. At 450 feet (137 meters) tall, with 34 stories, it is the tallest capitol building in the United States,

Status
Not open for further replies.