2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like 771 has taken the scenic route. I love that road too but I don't know if it's the fastest way across.

On another note, with the chain vs shaft and costs associated with doing an IBR, just out of curiosity, what exactly does a spare BMW FD cost?
Ahh, you edited this to specify BMW FD. For that I have no idea.

FJR FD's can be had on eBay for $99 pretty much all you can carry. Seems economics works, prices are low on items in low demand :)

Looks to me like nearly all of the Denver to SLC riders took I-70 instead of I-80. That surprises me - S&T, Mapsource and Google Maps all say I-80 is faster.

Curious.

I'm with you... done that jaunt many times and 80 is MUCH faster AND less tiring since it's much straighter and flatter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 24 hours; the best bit. The last night; the best bit of the best bit. SIGH.

Heart says Jewell and head says Frens or Meese, but I woke up in the middle of the night screaming; GO KIRSTEN, GO KIRSTEN. Mrs A. looked very cross.

P.
Sitting here with Watt, Tobie & Van Santens. get your butt on Skype and join us....we're talking about you!

Looks like 771 has taken the scenic route. I love that road too but I don't know if it's the fastest way across.

On another note, with the chain vs shaft and costs associated with doing an IBR, just out of curiosity, what exactly does a spare BMW FD cost?
Ahh, you edited this to specify BMW FD. For that I have no idea.

FJR FD's can be had on eBay for $99 pretty much all you can carry. Seems economics works, prices are low on items in low demand :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry but this is the FJR forum :rolleyes:

According to my expert arm-chair Rally analysis, the closest possible electronic receipts are in:

Farmington, NM

Cortez, CO

Possibly, south of Blanding, UT

and Kayenta, AZ
You don't need to go nearly that far in CO and UT:

Towaoc CO: 37.21857, -108.67557, An image of the station

Montezuma Creek UT: 37.26040, -109.30239, An image of the station
Good recon, Steve...I was attempting to duplicate doing so ("how'dja find those remote gas stations") as I've had the need to find fuel in remote areas, and Yelp! etc. don't get it done (to put it mildly). You have Google images from their street view, so I went to Maps.Google...found Four Corners, "Search Nearby" for "gasoline", but that doesn't get it done, as you have.

Is there a trick to this? Thanks!

Looks to me like nearly all of the Denver to SLC riders took I-70 instead of I-80. That surprises me - S&T, Mapsource and Google Maps all say I-80 is faster.

Curious.
496 has chosen I80. It was a fairly fast road when I went through there back in August, but there was construction that brought it down a single lane both directions for miles and miles and miles. Hopefully they have finished with that.
Nope. There is ALWAYS construction on I-80. And the wind can be brutal. I-70 to Green River and then northwest is the route I prefer.

I-25 is much faster since you can cruise at 80. It's 20 miles longer from Denver to Santa Fe but much less time.

K 1200 GT 06 - $1793.92

K 1200 LT 04 - $1472.52

R 1200 GS 08 - $1793.92

R 1200 GS Adve. 08 - $1793.92

So...$1500 - $1800?
I would suspect jap rear ends LIST price to come pretty dear too. Probably not of course as dear as Das U-boat bikes though.

I gulped pretty deep to hear that Mother Kawi wanted $315 for a new combo/u-joint. I was able to find a VGC one much cheaper.

(C-10 rear ends are also available on The Bay for around the $100 mark)

The last 24 hours; the best bit. The last night; the best bit of the best bit. SIGH.

You got it, Paul.

This will be the first time in seven events that I have not arrived at the finish completely shredded.

I'll miss that feeling. Really.

In the PDX terminal now, heading to ONT,

Damnit, Jim! Cost has no part in such considerations. Are we not men? We are Bimmer! (with apologies to Devo)

Bring

More

Wampum

Damnit, Jim! Cost has no part in such considerations. Are we not men? We are Bimmer! (with apologies to Devo)

Bring

More

Wampum

BMW: "Perpetuate the Myth"

And yeah, it's *my* spare FD that Meese is carrying in his right saddlebag.

"The Cool Aid is rich with this one, Master."

BMW: "Drive!*"

* Because you sure as hell won't be riding.

Bring

More

Wampum
:D :D :D

BMW: "Perpetuate the Myth"

And yeah, it's *my* spare FD that Meese is carrying in his right saddlebag.
That's a lot of extra $$cash$$ just to carry around in a saddlebag ain't it?

Wow. Depending on rider #350's plan, they could be in Ontario right around lunchtime. Maybe they will make a side trip to Disneyland?
huh.gif
It's much more likely 350 is headed to the hotel bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.