2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In less than twelve hours, all the speculation and arguments will be settled.

I'm a bit sad. This has been fun. A true adventure. And although I have not left a ten mile radius of home, work and other work, it has been a long ride.

We have argued routes, points, motivation and BMW final drives.

I touch "B" in Google maps and Buffalo pops up. Same with J and O.

I talked to Pops today and he asked about the riders.

What a fun ride.
+1 And I'd like to thank all the visitors that took to time to stop by, register, and add their knolwedge and experience to our little group. Even though you're "FNG's" it's been pretty obvious from comments and insights that you're not. That's been a big addition to following the rally this year. Hope to see you in 2013, you're always welcome here! :clapping: :clapping:

(Just don't ride in on a bike with a chain :lol: :lol: )

Word from the local BMW club board about Nancy/Miss Kitty:

"About 6miles out her rear tire blew out and shredded. Well she fell over. Walt was there and Nancy was able to ride the finish on someone else's bike."

Glad she is ok and I am sorry I don't have a BMW FD failure for you vultures to feast on. :coolsmiley02:

In less than twelve hours, all the speculation and arguments will be settled.

I'm a bit sad. This has been fun. A true adventure. And although I have not left a ten mile radius of home, work and other work, it has been a long ride.

We have argued routes, points, motivation and BMW final drives.

I touch "B" in Google maps and Buffalo pops up. Same with J and O.

I talked to Pops today and he asked about the riders.

What a fun ride.
+1 And I'd like to thank all the visitors that took to time to stop by, register, and add their knolwedge and experience to our little group. Even though you're "FNG's" it's been pretty obvious from comments and insights that you're not. That's been a big addition to following the rally this year. Hope to see you in 2013, you're always welcome here! :clapping: :clapping:

This forum has been great to us FNG's. Even though I ride a Honda ST, this has been THE place to stay informed about the IBR. Plus, y'all don't pull your punches. Kudos! :thumbsup:

About 6miles out her rear tire blew out and shredded. Well she fell over.
Damned Jap bikes!

[only 92 people viewing the thread right now. the server's MUCH more responsive!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news that Nancy is alright and has a FJR in the waiting.

Have we heard if Earl Damron's Kawasaki KLR 650 was back on the road?

I think that this is going to be on very close finish.

Matt ??? A B M ???

I am sitting in the Scoring room - we are 20 minutes from beginning to score riders. This isn't going to end like most people think.

Nancy is fine.... she was at the bar last night, much more pissed off then hurt.

And I'd like to thank all the visitors that took to time to stop by, register, and add their knolwedge and experience to our little group. Even though you're "FNG's" it's been pretty obvious from comments and insights that you're not. That's been a big addition to following the rally this year. Hope to see you in 2013, you're always welcome here! :clapping: :clapping:
No LD experience to contribute here but this has been fascinating to watch. Over on the FZ forum, we're all rooting for Fazer Phil and happy to see him on the home stretch, but I've gotten just as much enjoyment watching other riders, reading the reports, and following the commentary here. Has really been an education!

.. sorry about the chains! Although - I do change my own! Does that help? :)

..a

This has been great!

The commentary was LDR 101 and Spot tracking was a huge addition for this audience.

Thanks rallymaster!

Cheers!

I am sitting in the Scoring room - we are 20 minutes from beginning to score riders. This isn't going to end like most people think.
I was wondering when you were going to wake up and start giving us the play by play commentary :)

Thanks to Dale, Bownse and the rest of you Feejer pilots for allowing us outsiders to spectate the rally in your

Whiny Gash Free Zone sandbox.

(Go Jim!)

'preciate it!

Can't wait to see the results Dale. GET ON IT!

By the way, did you have Bambi nightmares all night?
ohmy.gif

Nancy is fine.... she was at the bar last night, much more pissed off then hurt.
Ugh.... and I'm guessing us keyboard riders won't learn the results until late tonight. Very late in the east. Gah!!!!

This has been the best forum for info on the rally .I think I will hang around here after the rally .
Awesome!
yahoo.gif

Just know, that if bustanutjoker asks you to go a sheep shearing with him, DON'T!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!
blink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.