2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half an hour into the Checkpoint window, so I can tell you a few SPOT ID's to watch... :(

chkpt2_30.jpg

Cameron - AGAIN! - is rider #319

B.B. Neely - #908

French Wallce - #284.

I also show a SPOT still in the Atlanta region.... hopefully this individual has just stopped tracking.....
Got to believe those three are victims of Spot failure. They haven't shown movement for over a hour.

Got to believe those three are victims of Spot failure. They haven't shown movement for over a hour.
I really want to believe that's the case. But given both BB Neely's and Cameron's Leg 1 performance.... who knows, those could be their SPOTs. Let's hope the SPOTs are just disabled for whatever reason.... :huh:

I really want to believe that's the case. But given both BB Neely's and Cameron's Leg 1 performance.... who knows, those could be their SPOTs. Let's hope the SPOTs are just disabled for whatever reason.... :huh:
Here's another vote for disabled SPOTs....sure hate to see those folks' efforts be crushed at this point.

Oh, yeah, how 'bout that Triumph? :)

I had a thought for a Leg 3 bonus. The rally ends in Ontario, CA. How about a bonus in Ontario, CA . . . as in CANADA?!? Would it be even doable while picking up all the states in the Southwest? Just an idea from a rider who has had the paperwork from his SS1000 sitting in his desk drawer for 12-13 years. :rolleyes:

May be one of these days I'll send it in and see if I can get certified. :unsure: :p

It made me realize how lucky I am having ridden in '07 and '09. I saw some really cool things and rode some really cool (non-interstate) roads.
I agree with Greg. In the '09, I rode to so many awesome spots on back roads that I know I'd have never taken the time to go there if not for the IBR. Monument Valley alone was worth the price of admission - a spiritual experience, if not a dopey move from a routing perspective. If I had to do it over, I'd go there again rather than head northeast from Utah to Rand, CO as the smart rider did ;-)

As for Leg 3. I predict a Wash DC bonus worth at least 4800 (maybe more). This will reward those who bagged KW on leg 2 while not penalizing the Hyder baggers on leg 1. It will make for a damn close finish as well. A rough Mapsource look at the a Jax-DC-SanDiego-LA route says 3600 miles in 2 days and change. Frens could do it and have some slop for some more caps along the way. It would be almost impossible for Meese and Peek since KW would need to be bagged on their leg 3. It would come down to what other caps can be had due west.

I've got wood thinking of the possibilities! I've not got a fuckin' thing done since this shit started.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the server is pretty slow at the moment.... primarily due to us....

101users.jpg
This lowly old SunBlade server saw 240 httpd processes at one point this afternoon, the max we are configured for. The only sites are the forum and my own limited web stuff.

Still chugging...

About 30 minutes to go and it looks like about an half-dozen riders still riding according to Spot. Could that be correct?

Glenn

More photos from our intrepid iReporters. Raining off and on at the hotel. A flurry of activity on BMW FD's. The only thing the Feejers seem to need are rear tires! :p

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

The Mountain Time clock appears to be an hour slow. I hope the owner knows that and makes the correction.
Unless the rider is from AZ (or, is going to be in AZ) -- MT. STD. Time.

AZ doesn't do Daylight Savings Time (mostly...).
Nah...the owner is from the great white north. The panel shown in the photo is actually from a forum member here, who is also the creator of that setup. If you notice, he's also written down all of the info that needs to be mentioned during the call on a label below the panel. Above the panel, there is another label with "CALL IN" on it. There are many more labels all over the bike with various torque values, fluid amounts, etc. Overall, a very well thought out bike.

But yes...hopefully he remembers to check the time. Heck, checking two of the other watches should que him in to the error.

Thanks for the pics, BwanaDik!!

Couple of comments on two of them.....

Cletha's BMW gets a new chain:

IMG_0325.jpg

Dick Peek!

IMG_0313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.