2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question.

It was brought up after leg 1 scoring that if a rider lost a receipt for a state, they'd lose points, but if the RM's could determine that the rider had been in the state in question, they would not have to go back and get a new receipt and would still be a finisher w/o the receipt.

Wouldn't the same apply if someone got a receipt from the trading post at the four-corners monument? If you went there, could it be reasonably determined that you then visited all four states?

TMC, you sent me off looking at weather maps and temperatures. Funny enough, it's hotter up in Kansas and Eastern Colorado than it is right now here in Dallas by about five degrees.

I've been looking at Rider #496 and I've got a suspicion that (s)he is headed for Phoenix. From there (s)he will go North to Salt Lake City and West to Carson City. What (s)he does after that will depend on whether (s)he already has three of the four corners.

Yes - (s)he goes to San Ysidro for the fourth corner.

No - (s)he goes to Sacramento.
Then on to Ontario. Of course, this all is only workable if (s)he got Colorado on leg #1.

If (s)he has to still get Colorado, then (s)he would have to skip both of the above after Carson City or Carson City & Sacramento so (s)he could get San Ysidro. It will be interesting to see where Rider #496 goes.

That figures. As soon as I posted the above Spotwalla updates, and now shows Rider #496 turning North toward Santa Fe. Never mind. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm out, people..... packing the Hayabusa for a straight 1000-mile shot to the Finish Line.

Departing in a hour or so... y'all have fun watching the action.
Me too, right after work, 'nother 2 hours, packed last night. Have requested early check-in so I can sleep the day and get up for the overnight arrivals.

Please don't crash this box while I'm gone. :blink: (JK)

I don't want to know what I spent. Never added it up. Never will.

word.
I added it up after 09. Published it. Got a bunch of crap for publishing it from SkooterG and Jeff Earls. :)

Since then I forgot the number. Whatever it was, it was worth it.
I added it up after '05, cried a little, and then entered for '07.

Since both rallies started and ended from the same hotel my wife stayed the entire time and used it as a vacation. That cost me extra...

Fuel for this rally will be a bigger bill than previous rallies I'm thinkin'.

I've got to believe those riders who are headed towards the 4 corners (states) are thinking along the same lines as I am. It just makes sense to bang out the corners, head north to 50 and over to Carson City, then Sac, then out to the barn in Ontario. They have the time and they will deal with much more favorable weather.

That is, if they aren't shooting for 4-corners(US). Even still, I think I'd take the I-40 route through to NV, collect my stamp near Laughlin, and head on I-15 to San Ysidro then back to Ontario. Better 90's than 1-teens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at Rider #496 and I've got a suspicion that (s)he is headed for Phoenix. From there (s)he will go North to Salt Lake City and West to Carson City. What (s)he does after that will depend on whether (s)he already has three of the four corners.

Yes - (s)he goes to San Ysidro for the fourth corner.

No - (s)he goes to Sacramento.
Then on to Ontario. Of course, this all is only workable if (s)he got Colorado on leg #1.

If (s)he has to still get Colorado, then (s)he would have to skip both of the above after Carson City or Carson City & Sacramento so (s)he could get San Ysidro. It will be interesting to see where Rider #496 goes.

That figures. As soon as I posted the above Spotwalla updates, and now shows Rider #496 turning North toward Santa Fe. Never mind. :(
Did you mean 896? My map shows 496 south of Carlsbad, NM.

With them all lined up on 40 like that, it reminds me of a 'toys for tots' parade I had to get around. :lol:

Spotwalla seems to show a whole lot of riders with very similar plans. Though I think 465 may agree with my idea for TX and NM.

Almost a third of a million hits on the Spotwalla IBR page so far! Bizarre.

Here's a question.

It was brought up after leg 1 scoring that if a rider lost a receipt for a state, they'd lose points, but if the RM's could determine that the rider had been in the state in question, they would not have to go back and get a new receipt and would still be a finisher w/o the receipt.

Wouldn't the same apply if someone got a receipt from the trading post at the four-corners monument? If you went there, could it be reasonably determined that you then visited all four states?
The problem with that is you can't get a computer generated receipt at four corners

Here's a question.

The problem with that is you can't get a computer generated receipt at four corners
The four corners bonus is a photograph, not a receipt. One pic of your flag on the monument, you just bagged four states.

Jerry - you certain about that? If that's the case, I'd hit it and quit it quick. Otherwise, it's a decent detour into each state to get that receipt....

Jerry - you certain about that? If that's the case, I'd hit it and quit it quick. Otherwise, it's a decent detour into each state to get that receipt....
I heard it from a rally rider. Watch the spot, you'll see lots of folks going to 4 corners and not deep into the states. Might be a good place for a spectator. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.