2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause deep down we all want one of those 6 cylinders, yet, they are way toO rich for the blood of the common folk.

I assume this is not some oblique reference to the IBR...so I am just going to add, as one of the common folk, that those extra 2 cylinders seem to be needed to carry the $2000 ball and chain in the rear sidebags.

I have nothing against BMWs or any other bike in the IBR. I love them all and would ride all of them. However, if the spare FD is required for ensuring an 11k mile trip ends without a setback...BMW ought to include it standard issue in the sidebag from the factory.

One rider came up western NM to the 4 corners and took off back into AZ. This according to spot it remains to be seen if a northern turn into Utah is in order or backtrack into CO.

However, if the spare FD is required for ensuring an 11k mile trip ends without a setback...BMW ought to include it standard issue in the sidebag from the factory.
Tu proveid zuch tings ve vould haff tu audmidt zat zere iz unht prauhblum! Zere isht nein prauhblum! VE HAFF NEIN PRAUBLUMZ MIT DER MOHTERZYKLEZ!

... but to keep the thread from spiraling out of control and into a useless tangent, let's let this be the last ribbing here. invite everyone over to a new thread of zer khiddink arount uhnt sztuff! SCHNELL!

Rider 350 must be really spent to get to the barn a full day early.

Maybe 350 wants to document an "legit" 48/10! ;)
Well he's got that....but he could get back on the interstate and do less than 850 miles and bag Sacremento and those points. I've watch this rider stop everyday and grab a room before the heat of the day sets in. Maybe he been up too long and figure one in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Glenn

Anyone know where the 4 corners riders will be stopping in San Ysidro?

I'm thinking of scooting down to the area for a good view of them riding thru.

350-done-M.jpg

Damn, that pool looks good. I guess #350 is done.

[removed comment as inaccurate assumption]

--update--

Heynowref corrected my above assumption. If you don't want to be in the way at the post office (with riders on the clock and pushing to the finish), you could park across the street or nearby and watch from a distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where the 4 corners riders will be stopping in San Ysidro?

I'm thinking of scooting down to the area for a good view of them riding thru.
The coordinates given in the packet are for the post office.

Don't know if that means anything or not.

4 Corner Rules

https://www.usa4corners.org/4corners-rules.htm

From my guess, it would seem any electronic receipt would work that shows the date, time, and city. That means it would depend on where the rider was entering the city and how deep into the city would be needed to get a good receipt. A gas stop would usually work, so a gas station on the e/ne side of town that show S.Y. but doesn't require the riders to go any deeper into town that they have to.

Grab a main artery on the way into town and wait.
I think they need a photo of their flag and bike next to an identifiable building.

Post Office would be favorite, and it's the standard building used by regular 4 Corners riders.

Tu proveid zuch tings ve vould haff tu audmidt zat zere iz unht prauhblum! Zere isht nein prauhblum! VE HAFF NEIN PRAUBLUMZ MIT DER MOHTERZYKLEZ!

... but to keep the thread from spiraling out of control and into a useless tangent, let's let this be the last ribbing here. invite everyone over to a new thread of zer khiddink arount uhnt sztuff! SCHNELL!

+1

danke schön.

I'll be a fly on the wall..... thanks
Good response. If there's any place or time that's stressful on riders....San Ysidro would be it. Observe but don't approach these wild critters in their native habitat. After 10 days and 20 or so hours of riding, routing, eating, and sleeping.....they are a smelly and obsessed creature. You could lose a limb if you get too close. :)

The Finish Line would be a better place to watch though IMO.

Good recon, Steve...I was attempting to duplicate doing so ("how'dja find those remote gas stations") as I've had the need to find fuel in remote areas, and Yelp! etc. don't get it done (to put it mildly). You have Google images from their street view, so I went to Maps.Google...found Four Corners, "Search Nearby" for "gasoline", but that doesn't get it done, as you have.
Is there a trick to this? Thanks!
No trick, unfortunately. I wish there was a complete and accurate source for fuel info out there. I was googling around for information about 4-corners and found a trip report from a rider who mentioned he used those two stations to document a ride, so I made a note of them. Can't remember where I saw the trip report.

I still think #350 should go to Disneyland. (S)He's got the time.

What better bonus picture to take than with Mickey holding a IBR rally flag. Well, maybe Goofy would be a better choice.
rolleyes.gif

That pool does look nice.........
yahoo.gif

607 is the first rider to nail Carson City. How great will it feel when they crest over 50 and see Lake Tahoe after all that riding?!

I wish I had time to go wish them well at the Capitol here...
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.