2012 Carpe Diem mini tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAPT-KEVLAR

Reaction score
Went on a little ride last week so I thought I'd share my story and some pics. 3 days 1500 miles. The FJR ran and handled fantastic. It truly is an amazing bike. Started out just outside Orlando, FL. Back roaded to Leeds, Al. Stopped at a little cafe (bakery) in Montcello, Fl for lunch called Tupelo's. Had an outstanding Quiche. They use all local and organic ingredients. Woke up on day two and watched the 3 Harley guys parked next to me at the hotel clean their bikes for about 30 minutes before heading out. I was quite entertained at how detailed they were with their cleaning. After that I headed to Barber Motorsports Complex to check out the museum. Incredible is all I can say. Both the museum and the grounds were beautiful. After that I back roaded my way through the AL, into Ga, into TN, dont know what roads I took but it some beautiful riding for sure. Took the Cherohala Skyway into NC and ended up in Robbinsville, NC. Stayed at the Phillips Motel and met some crazy Canadians that had ridden down as well. We sat by the fire and had some good times. The morning of day 3 I headed up to Deals Gap and Hwy 28. After playing around a while up there I decided to head home. So I meandered my way down through Ga to Macon where I jumped on the ol super slab and headed home. I had planned on staying another day but due to my current health condition decided to head home early for a day of recuperation.

All in all it was a great trip and I am thankful to have been able to make it. I would have liked to have taken more pictures but once I'm riding....well, I'm riding, and usually forget to stop and snap more pics. I've been doing these types of trips for quite a few years but this is my first trip report. It was a little extra special so I thought I'd share. Not sure how to embed video so any help is appreciated.

https://youtu.be/IN5xu2Y9KgI

Kinda surprised by the lack of any response. While surely not the greatest ride report and video ever posted I thought the circumstances surrounding the ride would at least get a few responses. I was debating on not even sharing the info. Oh well. It was great nevertheless.

Midday on a Saturday, everybody who can get a yardpass is out riding, not reading! Obviously, I did not have a yard pass. I always enjoy the Cherohala and the surrounding area, thanks for sharing your report.

Went on a little ride last week so I thought I'd share my story and some pics. 3 days 1500 miles. The FJR ran and handled fantastic. It truly is an amazing bike. Started out just outside Orlando, FL. Back roaded to Leeds, Al. Stopped at a little cafe (bakery) in Montcello, Fl for lunch called Tupelo's. Had an outstanding Quiche. They use all local and organic ingredients. Woke up on day two and watched the 3 Harley guys parked next to me at the hotel clean their bikes for about 30 minutes before heading out. I was quite entertained at how detailed they were with their cleaning. After that I headed to Barber Motorsports Complex to check out the museum. Incredible is all I can say. Both the museum and the grounds were beautiful. After that I back roaded my way through the AL, into Ga, into TN, dont know what roads I took but it some beautiful riding for sure. Took the Cherohala Skyway into NC and ended up in Robbinsville, NC. Stayed at the Phillips Motel and met some crazy Canadians that had ridden down as well. We sat by the fire and had some good times. The morning of day 3 I headed up to Deals Gap and Hwy 28. After playing around a while up there I decided to head home. So I meandered my way down through Ga to Macon where I jumped on the ol super slab and headed home. I had planned on staying another day but due to my current health condition decided to head home early for a day of recuperation.

All in all it was a great trip and I am thankful to have been able to make it. I would have liked to have taken more pictures but once I'm riding....well, I'm riding, and usually forget to stop and snap more pics. I've been doing these types of trips for quite a few years but this is my first trip report. It was a little extra special so I thought I'd share. Not sure how to embed video so any help is appreciated.

Hi Capt - Just ran across your ride report. Sorry to hear about your health challenges you were present with. Good on you for taking life by the horns and not letting it hold you back. That was truly an awesome trip you took. I wish I had known you were going to be in my backyard. Give me a shout next time you are up this way.

Kinda surprised by the lack of any response. While surely not the greatest ride report and video ever posted I thought the circumstances surrounding the ride would at least get a few responses. I was debating on not even sharing the info. Oh well. It was great nevertheless.
Just speaking for myself here.

I know it can be a lot of work posting pictures to the forum. However, for some reason, I, with almost no exceptions, just can't click on a link to a ride report. Perhaps the low turnout is due to that. When I read and follow a ride report without having to click over to some link, I'm more lkely to respond. -beemerdons-

Mark

Nice Vid! I've made over 50 vids some I consider quite good, but the vid that gets the most views has scantilly clad women dancing, so there ya go!

Great ride and video ensemble. Looks like lots of different machines were utilized. Glad you were able to complete it with all the challenges thrown at you. Keep the silver side up!

Ed

Good on you young Sir for having a great attitude and just getting out there to do it :) Great video and a good message for all. :)
+1 on this.

Just got back from vacation...I usually don't click on linked reports, but the conversation above got me to take a peek. Thanks for sharing...I bet it was a great trip...but it's never enough. I will always want one more trip.

Glad you got this trip in and seized the day.