2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to stop checking this thread!

Traxxion called today! We finalized the setup on the shock & Forks, looks like I could leave Friday the 5th and ride down to Clinton!

With AK20's up front and a rebuilt Penske on the rear, sounds like it might be fun.

Tentative groups are as follows:

Friday

Group A Hooterville to Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • Old Pilot- Fred( at Mammoth Springs)
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • Gramps-Marc
  • rydtym-Gary
  • Airboss-Karl
Group B Hootervillle to Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • griff-Carl
  • zzzzip-Skip
  • KSFJR-Chester
  • TripperMike-Mike
  • 0Face-Marty

Saturday

Group A Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • fjrrider-Scott
  • petey-Peter
  • Old Pilot- Fred
  • GloryRacing- Mark
Group B Arkansas

• Gramps-Marc
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • rydtym-Gary
  • 0Face-Marty
  • Airboss-Karl
  • Jeffs-Jeff

Group C Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • zzzzip-Skip
  • griff-Carl
  • TripperMike-Mike
  • KSFJR-Chester
If you have any comments on the groups, send me a PM...I'll see if I can adjust...not promising anything...but atleast I will consider it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we choose new names for our groups? Group B is so boring. How about "The Angry Ticks" or "Shake Down Riders"? Group A could be "The Rump Riders" and Group C can be "The Mustache Riders"

I'll order the T-Shirts now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we choose new names for our groups? Group B is so boring. How about "The Angry Ticks" or "Shake Down Riders"? Group A could be "The Rump Riders" and Group C can be "The Mustache Riders"

I'll order the T-Shirts now.
I think yer on to something.

Not sure what...but I do think yer on something. :p

All of this organization and different groups is just to confusing for my little brain!

If I catch up with the groups on Saturday morning...How am I going to know which group is which unless each group has on matching shirts?

All of this organization and different groups is just to confusing for my little brain!

If I catch up with the groups on Saturday morning...How am I going to know which group is which unless each group has on matching shirts?

I bet you'll be able to pick Scott out out of a crowd. ;)

Is it ok to add another rider? Looks like I'll be able to make after all. I'll meet the group in Clinton on Friday.

Is it ok to add another rider? Looks like I'll be able to make after all. I'll meet the group in Clinton on Friday.
Yes it is. However, I don't know your riding experience and past rides that you've done. I presume that you aren't a newbie rider...this is not a gathering for newbies. I doubt that you are. These route have lots of curves, some of them decreasing radius.

Send me a PM with your past experience and pace so I can determine what group to put you in.

I'm looking to verify and look at gas stops, food stops today or tomorrow. I'll communicate with Marty and get those set into the routes.

Thanks in advance Marty for your help. :)

I won't make the Friday ride. My wife wants to ride with me for the first time on a H-400, so we will trailer down (too far for her to ride in one day) on Friday to Clinton, and ride on Saturday. See how Sunday looks before heading home.

I just got back from 5 days/1700 mile circuit of Wisconsin, so I have to make nice and bring her along. With her on board, I will be taking it veeeerrrry easy, so she has a good time. See you guys in Clinton.

Gramps and I just finished scuffing our tires at the track......WE'RE READY :yahoo:

Although I'm sure there'll be no need, none at all, for good grippy tires ;)

I won't make the Friday ride. My wife wants to ride with me for the first time on a H-400, so we will trailer down (too far for her to ride in one day) on Friday to Clinton, and ride on Saturday. See how Sunday looks before heading home.

I just got back from 5 days/1700 mile circuit of Wisconsin, so I have to make nice and bring her along. With her on board, I will be taking it veeeerrrry easy, so she has a good time. See you guys in Clinton.

Two weeks after CFO, and there you go! :eek:

Got pictures?