2013 FJR 1300 Owner's "Registry"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took delivery of gen III #126 on 12/15 and, so far, I love it. This is my first sport bike, having only ridden a cruiser before so I am easing my way into FJR riding. I feel like my riding mindset and approach to motorcycling outgrew the cruiser and the FJR represents a more serious motorcyclist's vehicle. With that background I am unable to write an intelligent review but I can saw that I am blown-away with the handling and responsiveness. The cruiser wallowed - the FJR snaps. Seat height was a big concern for me. With a 30" inseam, I really agonized about getting my feet on the ground and keeping the bike vertical at stoplights. I looked at a lot of options for lowering the suspension before getting the bike. I've found, however, that with my boots on, it is not an issue. My heels touch and I'm comfortable with that. Heated grips! What a pleasure for December riding. The cruise control works just like the one in my car - goodbye throttle lock! Farkling? Slowly.. I've got a Shad SH45 top case on order (I've read all of the top case posts, thank you) and a RAM mount for my iPhone. I'll probably add the taller windscreen as I think the stock one is too short to cut buffeting. My dealer added a Battery Tender plug during assembly but I don't let my bikes sit long enough to require connecting 'em to life support. Now I'm just hoping for a mild winter for riding!

P1050319.JPG

VIN #005 sitting in my shop till the spring thaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
P1050319.JPG

VIN #005 sitting in my shop till the spring thaw.
Congratulations Bruce, the 2013 FJR's are so wonderful; if I owned a Gen2 (impossible, of course!) I would take it for a really long ride, off of a very short pier!

picked up my #20 on Sat. Gonna love it for sure!! Couldnt resist and took a 15 mile ride in 35 degree weather. Awesome ride!!

Well, thanks for the warning,
boredom.gif
but anyone can also see your VIN # just inside the windsheeld of your car...I'm not going on vacation anymore..
not_i.gif
Agree with Petey. Anyone can look at your license plate or your VIN on your vehicle. This is not secure information. So why does posting it make it so much worse?
I knew some dummy was gonna come up with this stupid question. I just didn't expect it to be you two...well, maybe you Skoot , but Petey?? Oh well.
So I know that license plates and VINs are public. Hell, that's what the VIN on the dash is called. Its the "public VIN."

The DIFFERENCE is that if someone at the mall runs your info, all they know is where you live. Who really cares? We all live somewhere. However; here, they know where you live, know that some keep guns at home, have nice cars in the garage, have good jobs with nice stuff, and they KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GONE...Since we all post up ride info.

Anyone who knows how to use the web knew that Don, AVGeek, and others were 100 miles from home yesterday at breakfast. I wonder if that would be a good time to break into Don's house? He's got 3 more motorcycles, no dog, and no one of any threat at his house.

I don't give a shit if you post it or not, but don't sit back all smug and naive and pretend it can't happen here. It can. I was just reminding those that may not be aware how devious these assholes have gotten.
AJ, it's time to step off the anal-retentive train. A lot of stuff COULD happen. Hell, a flying saucer COULD zap your ass into oblivion tomorrow! One could only hope.
One day they will all figure out that you are just here to stir the shit. The more I get to know you Greg the funnier your posts get.

boredom.gif
but anyone can also see your VIN # just inside the windsheeld of your car...I'm not going on vacation anymore..
not_i.gif
Agree with Petey. Anyone can look at your license plate or your VIN on your vehicle. This is not secure information. So why does posting it make it so much worse?
I knew some dummy was gonna come up with this stupid question. I just didn't expect it to be you two...well, maybe you Skoot , but Petey?? Oh well.
So I know that license plates and VINs are public. Hell, that's what the VIN on the dash is called. Its the "public VIN."

The DIFFERENCE is that if someone at the mall runs your info, all they know is where you live. Who really cares? We all live somewhere. However; here, they know where you live, know that some keep guns at home, have nice cars in the garage, have good jobs with nice stuff, and they KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GONE...Since we all post up ride info.

Anyone who knows how to use the web knew that Don, AVGeek, and others were 100 miles from home yesterday at breakfast. I wonder if that would be a good time to break into Don's house? He's got 3 more motorcycles, no dog, and no one of any threat at his house.

I don't give a shit if you post it or not, but don't sit back all smug and naive and pretend it can't happen here. It can. I was just reminding those that may not be aware how devious these assholes have gotten.
AJ, it's time to step off the anal-retentive train. A lot of stuff COULD happen. Hell, a flying saucer COULD zap your ass into oblivion tomorrow! One could only hope.
One day they will all figure out that you are just here to stir the shit. The more I get to know you Greg the funnier your posts get.
See Johnny, its funny that you have that reaction. I guess its different for everyone. The more I get to know Skooter, the more I want to hit him in the face...With a shovel. But only in the friendliest lovingiest kind of way.

:****:

boredom.gif
not_i.gif

One day they will all figure out that you are just here to stir the shit. The more I get to know you Greg the funnier dumber your posts get.
Fixed.

Come on guys!

Don't pick on my Brother Officer Scooter. After all WE ALL KNOW Greg is an "Officer and a Gentleman" by an Act of Congress in USN as I was in the USAF. Of course this was before both Greg and I started riding FJRs.

Happy New Year and I hope a prosperous one for all,

250 cold miles and my only complaint is that the stock mirrors just plain suck. As if I want to ride around looking at my elbows all day without a clue as to what may be behind me! I'll just keep an eye on the Farklemeisters here and see what they come up with. Patience.

But, oh, those heated hand grips! Riding at 42 degrees today with freakin' astronaut gloves I found the high setting too hot and had to dial her down. Very nice!

I ordered the bigger wind shield from CALSCI and it should be here next week. Way more helmet buffeting than I'm used to.

I continue to be blown away with the agility of the thing - it is just so precise on turns.