2013 FJR Availability-Canada

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I go to an Edmonton dealer the other day to check out the new FJR, because I haven't seen it in person yet, and they don't have one. The sales guy says there are only a couple left for all of Canada?

Anybody else hear of this? What was Yamaha thinking?

So I go to an Edmonton dealer the other day to check out the new FJR, because I haven't seen it in person yet, and they don't have one. The sales guy says there are only a couple left for all of Canada?
"Only two available!!!! Hurry and buy one now before they're all gone!!!!!" <--- Sales guy being a sales guy

I was just at a dealership today talking to a sales guy he says they got two coming in and that's it. They aren't sold yet. Should be in in March....hey do I get a finders fee or anything. No? Oh well.

Can I say the name of the dealership on this forum? If not it's the very nice dealership located on 97th street at Yellowhead trail.

I should at least get a hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just at a dealership today talking to a sales guy he says they got two coming in and that's it. They aren't sold yet. Should be in in March....hey do I get a finders fee or anything. No? Oh well. Can I say the name of the dealership on this forum? If not it's the very nice dealership located on 97th street at Yellowhead trail.

Have to get in there in March. Guy at Argyll said they're not getting anymore. Sold the one they had at the bike show.

Where did you pick yours up at?

Str8

One sitting in the showroom at the dealer in Parksville/Coombs on Vancouver Island as of last week. Good people to deal with.

G.

I bought mine in St. Albert. They are only getting two. One was sold, I took the last one about a month ago though. Had to get in early. Mine hasn't arrived yet. Should be here in March. They have one on the floor but it's sold already.

I was just at a dealership today talking to a sales guy he says they got two coming in and that's it. They aren't sold yet. Should be in in March....hey do I get a finders fee or anything. No? Oh well. Can I say the name of the dealership on this forum? If not it's the very nice dealership located on 97th street at Yellowhead trail.

Have to get in there in March. Guy the Argyll said they're not getting anymore. Sold the one they had at the bike show.

Were did you pick yours up at?
Sorry dude still learning the forum. I bought mine in St. Albert. Had to get in about Christmas time. They had two one was already sold, the other is on order. I bought the last one on order. Still waiting for it to arrive.

I'm guessing that Yamaha and the dealers and the distributor are thinking they can sell more in areas where winter isn't as white?

Even down here in paradise the dealers seem to be getting them in pairs, but I suspect that things will change as word gets out about the Gen III changes and as the weather warms up.

Happy hunting!

My dealer was talking that Yamaha was limiting to be careful. Tsunami, economy, that sort of thing. They probably figure it's better to sell them all than to be stuck with some. But who really knows the truth. Theirs no new stock in our showrooms at Honda either. But it's still a bit early for us in Canada. Nobody can ride yet. Well...nobody can ride well yet.

The dealerships around here are pretty full of everything though. Just no FJR's. Glad I got in when I did. One dealership here had an 08. Even it didn't last very long.

My dealer was talking that Yamaha was limiting to be careful. Tsunami, economy, that sort of thing. They probably figure it's better to sell them all than to be stuck with some. But who really knows the truth. Theirs no new stock in our showrooms at Honda either. But it's still a bit early for us in Canada. Nobody can ride yet. Well...nobody can ride well yet.The dealerships around here are pretty full of everything though. Just no FJR's. Glad I got in when I did. One dealership here had an 08. Even it didn't last very long.

My dealer was talking that Yamaha was limiting to be careful. Tsunami, economy, that sort of thing. They probably figure it's better to sell them all than to be stuck with some. But who really knows the truth. Theirs no new stock in our showrooms at Honda either. But it's still a bit early for us in Canada. Nobody can ride yet. Well...nobody can ride well yet.The dealerships around here are pretty full of everything though. Just no FJR's. Glad I got in when I did. One dealership here had an 08. Even it didn't last very long.
I hear you. I don't get it, but there seems to be a whole lot of cruisers sitting on the floors in dealers. I actually tried to trade in my '08 via email, twice. Apparently, motorcycles, particularly sporty type bikes, are worn out after 10k or so. Who knew.

Waiting for a crate here in PEI, having placed an order back in December. Dealer says he doesn't even have vin's for the two ordered. Hmmm,.... worried a bit I am now.

I ordered mine from my dealer in Niagara a week ago. He said it will take about three weeks for it to arrive (final assembly and shipping). I understand they are in short supply since pre-orders were being taking in October 2012.

Two weeks to go! Whoo Hoo!

In December, Yamaha Canada had a $500 gift certificate for Yamaha OEM accessories if you ordered the bike before Dec. 31. I ordered mine and picked up a couple of days before xmas.

The dealer thought Yamaha Canada is going to sell all the ones they are bringing in this year, and thinks YC will be sold out by June. The dealer I dealt with Kelly's Cycle Center in Hamilton was excellent, no b.s. and they are a Yamaha 5 star dealer and only sell Yamaha.

Waiting for a crate here in PEI, having placed an order back in December. Dealer says he doesn't even have vin's for the two ordered. Hmmm,.... worried a bit I am now.
My dealer told me exactly the same thing. They'll get here. I wouldn't worry about it. And it when they do arrive it'll be some sweet.

Man this bike sure is anticipated. It's going to be huge having one in my town I think. Everyone on this thread should post photos once they arrive.

I've actually owned a lot of bikes over 30 years but I've never been this excited to get one before.

In December, Yamaha Canada had a $500 gift certificate for Yamaha OEM accessories if you ordered the bike before Dec. 31. I ordered mine and picked up a couple of days before xmas.
The dealer thought Yamaha Canada is going to sell all the ones they are bringing in this year, and thinks YC will be sold out by June. The dealer I dealt with Kelly's Cycle Center in Hamilton was excellent, no b.s. and they are a Yamaha 5 star dealer and only sell Yamaha.
Congratulations on yours arriving. It's like Christmas times 20 I bet.

I was in Blackfoot in Calgary today (where I placed my order in November). Saw a Gen III on the floor and it didn't have my name on it, so I'm thinking it's available. First time I've seen the bike "in the flesh." Very nice.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

If it turns out they've screwed something up and I don't get mine at the end of March like I'm supposed to, I'm coming after whoever gets this one!
weirdsmiley.gif

G.

Hope it works out for you guys that ordered.

Myself, prolly gonna wait till '14 model (or later)......Apparently, next years model is coming out with a continuously variable transmission and self cancelling turn signals. Can't wait!!

Gotta say Str8, I'm skeptical about the CV transmission. The turn signals maybe, but I can't imagine a major overhaul (replacement) of the tranny a year after the changes they've made for '13. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way I'm sure the '14 model will be awesome.

G.