2013 FJR Pricing Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CopB8

Reaction score
Is it against board rules, or just poor etiquette, to discuss other owners pricing and discounts on new bikes? I'd like to do a bit of due dillegence prior to talking to dealers.

Nope. In another thread beemerdons actually posted some useful information for a change - he posted D&H' s OTD price a few hours ago. They are traditionally one of the lowest prices out there so start there. Or go buy it there and fly-n-ride home.

It would be nice to have all the pricing located in one thread. That way, if my dealer is too high in cost, I could consider flying somewhere else and riding it home.

I just saw D & H for $14,299 in another thread.

And for comparison purposes the definition of 'Out The Door' should NOT include sales tax as that will vary by state. For example, if I buy from D&H I still pay Arizona's sales tax rate on the purchase price when I go to title and register it here.

OTD price *should* include and B.S. fees a dealer tries to charge like freight and set-up.

I guess you pay the price for having the first one......$18,568 OTD.

R
Yes! You do ya wanker! BOHICA!!!!

You Kali girls are generally screwed when it comes to competitive pricing by not being able to go out of state.

Richie - didn't your OTD price include sales tax?

Thanks Guys. This is very helpfull.

Have you found if you buy a bike from a non local dealer that your service suffers at your local dealer?

I really don't mind paying a bit extra to keep it local and simple. I just don't want to get screwed over the coals.

Give your local dealer the opportunity to earn your business. If they aren't interested in being competitive then they have no one to blame but themselves. How competitive...that is up to you.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Greg it did include everything...

Also I don't care about the local dealer as I do all my own services...

R

Thanks Guys. This is very helpfull.

Have you found if you buy a bike from a non local dealer that your service suffers at your local dealer?

I really don't mind paying a bit extra to keep it local and simple. I just don't want to get screwed over the coals.
I found my 2008 FJR AE on Ebay in Oklahoma for ~$11K, new out the door, in 2010. My local dealer, CT Powersports in Georgetown Texas, had an identical bike on their floor for around $15K. I offered to pay $12K for their AE. They told me to buy the Oklahoma bike and bring it to them for all the service.

Which is what I did. I don't think the service side knows or cares about where I bought the bike, they make their living servicing bikes, and are always glad to have another customer.

I guess you pay the price for having the first one......$18,568 OTD.

R
But (um) wasn't there a trade-in involved? IMO, substantial trade-in over-allowance or equivalent discount off MSRP is what we who are considering buying a new 2012 are looking for. I'm factoring all this good info if/when local dealers call me back and say they're willing to deal with no trade-in. That is, if I'm willing to be patient. I sold my BMW GS and my throttle hand is itchin'... B)

I don't think the service side knows or cares about where I bought the bike, they make their living servicing bikes, and are always glad to have another customer.
Jim, I know this is true! I've made a point of becoming very good friends with the service crew at my dealership via Large tips to anyone who even looks at my bike. They don't know nor do they care where the bike was bought. To them, it's another sick bike that has a happy owner when they're done. :)

Wow. I thought D&H was selling their FJRs for more than 2 grand less than MSRP. When I was looking for a new 2008, I was thinking their price was $11,999. I think the MSRP was around $15,000 at that time. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. (Which happens now and then) I just though they had them marked down lower than that.

GP

Wow. I thought D&H was selling their FJRs for more than 2 grand less than MSRP. When I was looking for a new 2008, I was thinking their price was $11,999. I think the MSRP was around $15,000 at that time. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. (Which happens now and then) I just though they had them marked down lower than that.

GP
Don't know their price, but MSRP was $13,899 for the standard A model

https://www.fjrforum.com/files/fjrcomparo.pdf