2013 FJR Pricing Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw VIN # 192 at the Boston Bike Show yesterday for $15,990. Parkway Cycles in Everett, MA has it.

2013-01-12133028_zpsd8d35a37.jpg

Hey Racin Ray

I just picked up my 2012 FJR from Troy City this past Wednesday (the 13th)

Its gonna be more like 14920 OTD plus sales tax, title and registration.

Frieght on that bike is 295 (not 150) +65 prep + the Documanetation fee (I think i paid 50 or 55), plus tire tax and little stuff (like $5) and the NYS DMV Title, and Reg costs. my DMV was $77.50, but I transeferred my reg from my old KLR.

The good news... you READY ???

Yamaha will give you a $500 Trade in coupon for a NEW 2009 to 2013 model .. Expires March 31 2013.

You need to give yamaha the VIN on the bike you trade in on a website form and print the coupon BEFORE you go pay for the bike.

(this will work for any of you anywhere in the country buying a new FJR or other Yamaha over 1000cc (600-800cc bikes are only $300)

Here is the link...

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/surveys/13_TradeUpToAYamaha.aspx

This doesnt reduce the sales tax like a trade in does... it's just like a 500$ coupon off the bottom.. more like extra cash down.

Good luck :) Thats an AWESOME bike.

I looked around a LOT and TCG does have the lowest prices I can find close to my location. 5 of my friends, who are just as "Frugal" as I am bought new bikes there in the past year or so.

Troy City Garage = lowest prices & lowest service. Give Jerry Jr. at Phipps a call if you need service or warrenty work. I bought a honda from TCG, an FJR from JAF in Scotia, and my latest FJR from Phibbs.

Hey Racin Ray
I just picked up my 2012 FJR from Troy City this past Wednesday (the 13th)

Its gonna be more like 14920 OTD plus sales tax, title and registration.

Frieght on that bike is 295 (not 150) +65 prep + the Documanetation fee (I think i paid 50 or 55), plus tire tax and little stuff (like $5) and the NYS DMV Title, and Reg costs. my DMV was $77.50, but I transeferred my reg from my old KLR.

The good news... you READY ???

Yamaha will give you a $500 Trade in coupon for a NEW 2009 to 2013 model .. Expires March 31 2013.

You need to give yamaha the VIN on the bike you trade in on a website form and print the coupon BEFORE you go pay for the bike.

(this will work for any of you anywhere in the country buying a new FJR or other Yamaha over 1000cc (600-800cc bikes are only $300)

Here is the link...

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/surveys/13_TradeUpToAYamaha.aspx

This doesnt reduce the sales tax like a trade in does... it's just like a 500$ coupon off the bottom.. more like extra cash down.

Good luck
smile.png
Thats an AWESOME bike.

I looked around a LOT and TCG does have the lowest prices I can find close to my location. 5 of my friends, who are just as "Frugal" as I am bought new bikes there in the past year or so.
anyone try to use the coupon retro actively? I bought my '13 on Jan 12th..hmmmm

I saw VIN # 192 at the Boston Bike Show yesterday for $15,990. Parkway Cycles in Everett, MA has it.
2013-01-12133028_zpsd8d35a37.jpg
Parkway in Everett is part of Powersports that includes Cycles 128 in Beverly Ma and Plaistow Powersports in, well, Plaistow NH. They all deal alike. This show model normally lives at Cycles 128 but gets shuttled between dealers.

Well I don’t mind getting thru all this BS (what the hell, it’s free entertainment) but I bought my 2013 #41 in Memphis for $13,917.88+TT&L on 1/31/2013. My TT&L when I got back to Hotlanta was $858.07. the Fenda Extenda was $39.99 & the flap was $8.01. That’s it-NO MORE!

Later, De
smile.png

Well I don’t mind getting thru all this BS (what the hell, it’s free entertainment) but I bought my 2013 #41 in Memphis for $13,917.88+TT&L on 1/31/2013. My TT&L when I got back to Hotlanta was $858.07. the Fenda Extenda was $39.99 & the flap was $8.01. That’s it-NO MORE!Later, De
smile.png

Yo De! Good to see you posting again! I think it's been quite a while. And a HUGE congrats on the '13! And well done on the price!

Troy City Garage = lowest prices & lowest service. Give Jerry Jr. at Phipps a call if you need service or warrenty work. I bought a honda from TCG, an FJR from JAF in Scotia, and my latest FJR from Phibbs.
I tried Phibbs, They had the same advertised sale price on my 2012, and 200 less in dealer fees. I told them what TCG promised me on trade, and the guy politly said he didnt want to insult me on my trade, just go to TCG. He didn't even try to get close.

Then when I got to TCG to finish the purchase, they told me I had to give them $200 more because my bike, a 6 year old, very well kept KLR with 10,000 miles on it needed 2 tires, a chain, and brakes. The front tire.. yes, I agreed.. the chain.. no..just dry, the rear tire, no (T63 with 800 miles on it), the brakes.. questionable.. as they were close to, but not below, the limit spec. I can't believe they expected me to rebuild the bike before I traded it in...

There's more to the story, and I am not going to bash them, as the deal was still good for the bike I got and it was still the high end of the NADA book for my trade.

They did throw in some tie down extenders and a couple t-shirts for my freinds while we loaded the bike on the truck (go ahead.. flame away..I shoulda rode it home.. I know), but I had negotiated 2 oil filters and a bottle of Yamalube Shaft Drive oil for the FJR in the deal, and when i got home they shorted me one oil filter and gave me gear lube for yamaha golf carts.

BWV: That's sounds typical for TCG. They do have the lowest prices, I just felt like I was screwed by the time I walked out of there with a new bike. The best part was when they told me (37 years old at the time, had my motorcycle licence for 21 years), that "you won't be able to get insurance anywhere else, you must buy it thru us". I should have walked away, but they had the bike I wanted at the time. Now that you have your bike, just relax and enjoy it. BTW, I also have a KLR. I'll probably see you out on the roads as soon as this snow melts. Good luck with the new bike!!!!

Well I don’t mind getting thru all this BS (what the hell, it’s free entertainment) but I bought my 2013 #41 in Memphis for $13,917.88+TT&L on 1/31/2013. My TT&L when I got back to Hotlanta was $858.07. the Fenda Extenda was $39.99 & the flap was $8.01. That’s it-NO MORE!Later, De
smile.png

Yo De! Good to see you posting again! I think it's been quite a while. And a HUGE congrats on the '13! And well done on the price!
Glad to be back. Been waiting for something better (different) than my '04. Picked up a '94 K1100LT a few months ago w/heated grips. The heated grips, cruse, ABS & dual modes swayed me for another FJR. I just quadrupled the miles on it today. Easy when it only had 24mi. By the way, I aint goona check the valves on this one either!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

BWV: That's sounds typical for TCG. They do have the lowest prices, I just felt like I was screwed by the time I walked out of there with a new bike. The best part was when they told me (37 years old at the time, had my motorcycle licence for 21 years), that "you won't be able to get insurance anywhere else, you must buy it thru us". I should have walked away, but they had the bike I wanted at the time. Now that you have your bike, just relax and enjoy it. BTW, I also have a KLR. I'll probably see you out on the roads as soon as this snow melts. Good luck with the new bike!!!!
Well..I looked in the bag today... they gave me the wrong filter... I bought a 2012, filter is for 2013.. half as long, and not listed for my bike.

SO.. what was to be 2 extra filters and the correct shaft lube... turned into, wrong lube and 1 wrong filter. Instead of $40 worth of useful stuff... i got zero value.

It was part of "the deal"... So i wrote a nice email explaing what was wrong, and asking how they would help. I hope everyone is wrong about how nasty they can be.. ill see.

Good luck 2013 Buyers !!! ... Just remember... if you negotiate free stuff into the deal... look in the bag before you leave the dealership.

It sounds like TCG is doing the right thing by me. They are going to send me the 2 filters as promised, and state that Yamaha says this oil they gave me is fine to use (The OM does not say anything but Yamaha Spec shaft lube GL5, which the oil they gave me technically is). I will look elsewhere to research the oil further, and will probably just buy the expensive stuff anyway (like the rest of the lemmings), but I wanted to clarify that Troy City Garage is doing what they said they would do and is standing by the deal they made.

Sorry for Jackin' your thread again !

Now.. if only the temp would go above 12 degrees and the ice would melt...