2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No regrets here.

My 2012 is now 3 months old with about 2700 miles. Thank you to those that have tested it to 200,000+ miles. I knew it was a tested and proven model when I bought it, and sooner or later there would be a new model.

kup1236

One thing they didn't do is change the rear bags. They kinda look retro on the new style. Someone dropped the ball on that one. :blink:

From the Yamaha Canada website: colour - "yellowish metallic gray"

WTF! Are you kidding me?! The R1 metallic red is all we have been asking for the last 8 model years!

MamaYama is taking this bike in a very desirable direction but I will not buy (another) asphalt-coloured FJR - the deer can't see them coming!

Guess that takes it off your short list.

The FJR1300 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
THANK YOU! I put that up there as a freebie and not one of these senile old bastards rose to the occasion.

(Oh look! theirs another one!)

Very nice, should continue to be very solid sport-tour platform. I will be interested to hear how well Yamaha has the throttle-by-wire / TC / fueling sorted out.

but, $15,890 equals about 50 sets of tires and a trips to wear them out.

Very nice, should continue to be very solid sport-tour platform. I will be interested to hear how well Yamaha has the throttle-by-wire / TC / fueling sorted out.

but, $15,890 equals about 50 sets of tires and a trips to wear them out.
Me Too! I like it but, I'll wait a few years for it to get road tested. Not gonna jump yet until the AE version shows up on our shores. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All in all I like it. The gray with black wheels not so much, kinda dull. Still likin' my 07 Black Cherry but who knows. Need to see it in person. Also very curious to hear how the FBW works for throttle response. However, still very glad to see what Yamaha came up with.

Me likey!

Stick with the basic platform, add some improvements and keep the bike very competitive $$$wise with the competition. Nice job Yamaha -- be talking to you in a couple years... :)

--G

Me Too! I like it but, I'll wait a few years for it to get road tested. Not gonna jump yet until the AE version shows up on our shores. :)
Keep on dreaming. With how poorly they sold here, we'll see a model year that brings us two color options before we see another AE in the USA.

Hey, they could do both! An AE option and two colors!

Oh, wait...... Never mind. :lol:

From the Yamaha Canada website: colour - "yellowish metallic gray"

WTF! Are you kidding me?! The R1 metallic red is all we have been asking for the last 8 model years!

MamaYama is taking this bike in a very desirable direction but I will not buy (another) asphalt-coloured FJR - the deer can't see them coming!
Deer are color blind. Unlike the cage drivers... :)

Keep on dreaming. With how poorly they sold here, we'll see a model year that brings us two color options before we see another AE in the USA.
Bite your Tongue Gixxer, it'll sell so well across the pond that, they'll have no choice but to sell some here. The AE didn't sell a lot here but, they sold enough to matter. :p I'll Buy One!! :clapping:

I like a LOT of what they did but I just don't know if I can part with $17K out the door for a 5 speed bike in this day and age. I may have to wander off for a while and come back when the Gen IV is released. I'm just going to have to let it sink in a while to decide my next move.

I think it looks pretty good. Won't buy one cause I got no money. I see it's still a damn 5 speed. The fooking thing has enough torque it only needs 3 speeds. one to start with, one for town and one for the road. I don't understand all the crying about 6 speeds. First and high are going to be the same no matter how many you stack in between. I'll leave now :p

Bite your Tongue Gixxer, it'll sell so well across the pond that, they'll have no choice but to sell some here. The AE didn't sell a lot here but, they sold enough to matter. :p I'll Buy One!! :clapping:
Your only hope is that they sell so terribly across the pond that the inventory stacks up that they figure...what the heck, toss the Americans a bone.