2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spy a Bridgestone BT 023GT tire on there. Stock Tire Upgrade! (on the American Site photos)

All in all, looks to me like a smart move from Yamaha. Refresh the looks a little, keep the same basic mechanicals. "Updating" the gauges, adding cruise, more modern-looking lights etc. probably doesn't add much at all to their overall manufacturing costs.

Cool that they are still paying attention to the bike!

Last edited by a moderator:

edit#2: Wonder how long before mcatrophy is gonna dump his 2010 on a 2013??? Common Mac, we need ride reports!!!
SWMBO has said "I get a new car before you get a new bike." S, I'm sorry (very, very sorry), won't be for some time, if at all.
ohmy.gif

Anyway, I'd get the AS, and we all know you US types won't have the AE available to you. So it wouldn't be fair.

Speaking for myself, digital speedometer sucks. With analog, I'm comfortable when I'm within 2-3 mph of my "target" cruising speed - when the needle is close to the mark. With the damn digitals, I'm forever rolling on or off the throttle to stay on target - the exact target. I rode my brother's Bandit 1250S and the digital speedo drove me nuts. No thanks!
It's all right, Mamayamaha heard you already, she gave you CRUISE CONTROL
clapping.gif

They called me back.......Mine is on the way.

R
ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need your money. :p
That is SIR Asshole to you Commoner, congratulations King Richard on your new FJR!
It ain't a dun deal until we see pitchers of it on the b&w tiled floor of Sir Rickey's garage. (right now I'm thinking about your availability announced order for an S10 immediately after the announcement, papa Don. And that was PDP!)

Me? I'm still searching craigs list ads for a K12RS in good nick while my crappy, decaying back can stand the ride position required

Looks like it Bye-bye FJR and hello Trophy or K1600GT for me.

Disappointed they only did a few things. Love the bike, but still falling behind the others.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these don't look like no stinkn LED tails to me! PLUS, in the (US site) action images so far I don't see the DRL LED's ever on? BS? Man, this bike sure didn't live up to the hype for even one day.... DISappointed!

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but these don't look like no stinkn LED tails to me! PLUS, in the (US site) action images so far I don't see the DRL LED's ever on? BS? Man, this bike sure didn't live up to the hype for even one day.... DISappointed!

img.jpg

Im with you! All the other bikes with so much technology and new stuff. Just a refresh for the FJR. Bummed.

All this news just sucks...

Got an 05 that is running great,

an 08 waiting for the 05 to miss a beat,

Now the 13 just gives me another lustful

desire that I can not afford to quench.

Figuring the FJRs reliability...

I have another 500k to ride before I NEED

Another... Yet, I WANT I WANT I WANT

Did anybody notice, while very minor, that now the windshield does not retract when the ignition is turned off.

Did anybody notice, while very minor, that now the windshield does not retract when the ignition is turned off.
Are you sure you have this right?

I'm thinking they did like the Beemer 1600 where it has memory of where you were when you shut off the bike . So basically it retracts fully when shut off, but when you startup the bike it goes back to that memory position (where it was when it was last set).

...gotta be, I'm sure this was copied as such.

So now the real question for the forum at hand... Does this constitute a "3rd Gen" FJR?
And it still hasn't been answered, at least officially--I don't think. Has Yamaha called it the 3rd Generation of the FJR? Is it REALLY a new generation unless you have to go out and buy ALL new farkles for it? . :rolleyes:

OM promised me a chain. (ooops)
And he'll give you one, Mark. . ;)

p.s. Out running an errand today, some guy was looking at my old, tired-out, 8-year old (now) FJR. "Man, that's a beautiful bike!" Not a word about how much better the 2013 looked. I agree with him. :D

Are you sure you have this right?

I'm thinking they did like the Beemer 1600 where it has memory of where you were when you shut off the bike . So basically it retracts fully when shut off, but when you startup the bike it goes back to that memory position (where it was when it was last set).

...gotta be, I'm sure this was copied as such.
Not sure, it just says in the video @ 2:14 on Yamaha's website that the windshield holds its position when the key is turned off.

Says it in the text material, too. Stays put. I guess they saw how many people disabled the auto-retract... I never understood the auto-retract!

Yes, I still forget to turn them off every time, and I see plenty of others with the same affliction. To me it's a safety issue, cancelers should be mandatory.
Must be age related :D

I Know Fitter and a few others seem to suffer from this same affliction.
I'm just saving my energy. I'll be turning that way sooner or later anyways, jackass
tongue.gif

When we were on the Ohlins tour during EOM the rep mentioned seeing a FJR setup with an electronic active suspension at the home office in Sweden. At one time Yamaha also had money into Ohlins and may still have shares in the company. If that is the case the AS may be getting an OEM version of the Ohlins TTX suspension. If this is the case THAT would be very sweet and well worth having.

Says it in the text material, too. Stays put. I guess they saw how many people disabled the auto-retract... I never understood the auto-retract!

It just looks cool when folks are watching when you park and turn off the key....

Also handy if you cover your bike.

Charging? Spiders?

I like the looks...but while all you rich freaks buy new bikes, I'll be out slummin' in my '04 in Missouri and Arkansas not caring at all whether there's any freakin' LEDs on the front or back of my bike. Just trying to see how much horsepower I can get out of this bike while riding past Billy Joe and Bobby Sue in their pickup. :yahoo: