2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My intention has been to ride my 04 until the wheels fall off but this is tempting. I'm in the sport camp of sport-touring. Improvements to throttle, ECU, stock suspension plus traction control and all done without adding weight is like a menu of what I want.
I,too,like the improvements,just having a hard time justifying $10k and the trade or selling of my bike to get there.

Now if I hit the lottery, that's another story.

Perfect timing for me. I'll give them 2 years to sort out any bugs, then wait for a bike to languish on some dealer's floor for 2 more years as this shitty world economy grinds on, then in 2017 I'll get my brand new 2 year old 2015 FJR for a huge discount--I'm thinking around $12K out the door. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :p
That is a good plan, I really want this Gen3, I love what Yammi has done with it.

Topic: It's a known fact all BMW Owners secretly lust after the mighty Yamaha FJR 1300!

HA! BMW owners are more in love with their bikes than Paris Hilton is with herself. More power to them, but I'd rather be out riding than trouble shooting.

Why no tire pressure monitoring system? This is a must for sport tourers these days and not a big cost item to include, especially since they completely revised the instruments--I think Yamaha is really remiss for not including this feature. However, there are some really nice improvements--I sold my '03 in 2010 to buy a C14 and have really missed the looks and mid range power of the FJR so I will definitely take a hard look at this new model now that Yamaha has finally brought it out of the stone age.

Why no tire pressure monitoring system? This is a must for sport tourers these days and not a big cost item to include.
Figure what the cost of the system would cost multiplied by how many bikes produced in a given year, adds up.

For me, not a necessity, but can see where some would like it, like the self-cancel signals.

I like most of the improvements on the new 13; especially the electronic cruise control but the deal breaker for me would have been an increase in cc's to 1400. I'm fine with my 09!

Topic: It's a known fact all BMW Owners secretly lust after the mighty Yamaha FJR 1300!

HA! BMW owners are more in love with their bikes than Paris Hilton is with herself. More power to them, but I'd rather be out riding than trouble shooting.
So do you have 543,000 miles on one brand of motorcycle, because that is how many road miles I have racked up on Beemers since March of 1969!

Last edited by a moderator:

So do you have 543,000 miles on one brand of motorcycle, because that is how many road miles I have racked up on Beemers since March of 1969!
So... Big Daddy... Are you saying you racked those miles on all of those multitudes of blau mit weiss... trouble free?

'Cause I think your bastid step son has that many on a just a few FJRs and I can't recall him whining about a single major failure.

Jus Sayin' and 'nuff said.

Fred,

Know what your reply to beemer-boy and this picture have in common?

really_nice_shot_by_hallapalooza-d3h599f.jpg

They're BOTH a nice shot! :p :p :p

I could post a hottie but that one would be hard to beat. :dribble:

Anyway, I stopped by my dealer and they have no idea when they are getting the GenIII. One is on order and said Yamaha hasn't set a release date.....?.......then said they think they will get one by the end of the month of Oct.

Like I said, more power too ya. But if you think you would have had less problems on a Yamaha, get real.

And Howie, two and play that game...

great-hilarious-photos-9_zpse7aca2e6.jpg

A short video walk-around of the '13 FJR at Intermot:

I like seeing the new models (K1600 and Trophy) and redesigns/touch ups (FJR and Concours). I will be purchasing one of these used 5-10 years from now when my '08 is done.

The FJR may not be the bike the K1600 is, or even the Trophy, but it is also WAY less expensive. They added everything I wanted to see with the exception of a 6th gear, which is not really necessary, so it is still a viable alternative in my mind.

I've been lurking here for 3 years, keeping my VFR but researching, learning, waiting to see what, if anything the next-gen FJR would bring to the table...

And y'know, while the evolutionary changes are great, there's really nothing compelling in the new model for me - since there won't be a new AS/AE model in North America - to make me wait any longer, or wait and hope that Yamaha will change their minds and bring the AS over here eventually.

I went out yesterday and bought a left-over 2011. No regrets at all. :yahoo:

I've been lurking here for 3 years, keeping my VFR but researching, learning, waiting to see what, if anything the next-gen FJR would bring to the table...

And y'know, while the evolutionary changes are great, there's really nothing compelling in the new model for me - since there won't be a new AS/AE model in North America - to make me wait any longer, or wait and hope that Yamaha will change their minds and bring the AS over here eventually.

I went out yesterday and bought a left-over 2011. No regrets at all. :yahoo:
Good Move Mangle, I'm not in a hurry to run down and get the new one either! :)