2013 foot peg pads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my 2013 peg pads for my Gen2, they are more cushy and will take more vibration from the foot pegs, here is a link to pictures for a side by side comparision.
https://picasaweb.google.com/102802653278700893632/20130206#
Looks interesting, might last longer too.

IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG

Looks interesting, might last longer too.
IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG
I had hope for longer lasting, but I think that the hollow center results in a taller peg but no more rubber. I just replaced the rubbers on my 07 with about 69,000 miles on it because they were heavily worn. I had already swapped them side to side to even out wear, but now they were really shot.

I had hope for longer lasting, but I think that the hollow center results in a taller peg but no more rubber. I just replaced the rubbers on my 07 with about 69,000 miles on it because they were heavily worn. I had already swapped them side to side to even out wear, but now they were really shot.
How do you wear out the rubbers? I had one fall apart on an old bike from dry rot one time, but never wore one out. Are ya figiting around on em while your riding?

If these are taller your gonna have ta buy peg lowering links or your ergos will be all screwed up!

How do you wear out the rubbers? I had one fall apart on an old bike from dry rot one time, but never wore one out. Are ya figiting around on em while your riding?

If these are taller your gonna have ta buy peg lowering links or your ergos will be all screwed up!
I can easily go through a set of peg rubbers in a year (typically 40k + miles).

It really depends on how and where you ride I think. I try to spend as much time out on the twisties so you're constantly shifting and moving your feet around on the pegs for the turns...

I can easily go through a set of peg rubbers in a year (typically 40k + miles).

It really depends on how and where you ride I think. I try to spend as much time out on the twisties so you're constantly shifting and moving your feet around on the pegs for the turns...
What he said!