2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traffic is moving exactly as I said. The upper lot is full and they're now walking over from the lower lot.

lowerlot.jpg

If our riders aren't on the way down now - time is going to be a lot shorter when they hit the bottom again.

Got my fingers crossed that everyone makes it in good time.

At least three riders seem to be heading Northwest through Wyoming. Do you think there is possibly a very big bonus at Boeing in Seatle? Google maps seems to think it is 28 hours of riding. Certainly doable if you don't need to stop for much rest.
We've got both a Space Shuttle simulator and an SR-71 in one location.
All three of the riders in Wyoming are headed Southwest so I guess that rules out any Seatle bonus on this leg.

At least three riders seem to be heading Northwest through Wyoming. Do you think there is possibly a very big bonus at Boeing in Seatle? Google maps seems to think it is 28 hours of riding. Certainly doable if you don't need to stop for much rest.
We've got both a Space Shuttle simulator and an SR-71 in one location.
Don't forget the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, OR. Photo of the Spruce Goose, anyone? An SR-71. WWII and space craft.

Going to run up to the RR museum in a bit and snap some pics. Will be in the minivan, espionage style. Still a bunch of riders heading up that way from the springs.

I'll stop at Walmart and get a bra and some pom-poms too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I spent a few hours on a bridge over I-70 a bit East of St. Louis, cheering on the riders streaming through.
I saw Jon and Ande, Eric V, and many many more.

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

IMG_5106-L.jpg
Watched the video.

Pretty darn professional, experience? High School? College?

I know, you went to school with Tim Matheson.

MV5BMTk5NjY5MTQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY4NzU2._V1._SX420_SY273_.jpg

Georgie Porgie! You made the daily report and you're not even in the rally!
True. But now many of us are straining to get that image out of our heads. Personally, I slipped my brain out of my left ear - soaked it in lye for 20 minutes - jammed it back in the left ear hoping for relief.

Even that failed. Then of all mysteries, damned if it didn't resurface in that report.

I said it before, I say it again - "Damn Bob Higdon!!"

Either Bob or George one owes me at least a drink for dealing with this.

Arrived in Rancho Cambodia a few hours ago ....already a lot of people. How did I know I was at the right place? Easy, the parking lot was full of IBA cars, .....and not all domestic owners.

IBAdriver_BW.JPG

....now, we'll see if this posts, it's been a while.

BTW, might be hitting the shutter button a few times this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived in Rancho Cambodia a few hours ago ....already a lot of people. How did I know I was at the right place? Easy, the parking lot was full of IBA cars, .....and not all domestic owners.
....now, we'll see if this posts, it's been a while.

BTW, might be hitting the shutter button a few times this evening.
Just tried to call you but I must have an old number. I'm here too

Steve you must used internet certified eye bleach and soak for at least 30 minutes.
Georgie Porgie! You made the daily report and you're not even in the rally!
True. But now many of us are straining to get that image out of our heads. Personally, I slipped my brain out of my left ear - soaked it in lye for 20 minutes - jammed it back in the left ear hoping for relief.

Even that failed. Then of all mysteries, damned if it didn't resurface in that report.

I said it before, I say it again - "Damn Bob Higdon!!"

Either Bob or George one owes me at least a drink for dealing with this.

Good to hear from RenoJohn! Wonder if he drove or rode? Inquiring minds need to know. KindA like how did Georgie get that bra connected????

Good to hear from RenoJohn! Wonder if he drove or rode? Inquiring minds need to know. KindA like how did Georgie get that bra connected????
Easy. you put it on with connector in front then rotate it into position. Everybody knows this. Right?

Right?

ooops.

:D

Easy. you put it on with connector in front then rotate it into position. Everybody knows this. Right?

Right?

ooops.

biggrin.png

Well, that's the way I put mine on.

Status
Not open for further replies.