2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering about that on myself but it would be a great blues song.
"Just east of Memphis" ......

"My GSA broke down" ......

"Ooooh its the final drive"......

"Now I feel like a clown"....
LOL! Please don't write things like that. I'm already having nightmares.

Kevin

Uh-oh.... looks like one of our own brethern has stepped into a little bit.... Howard Entman.
not_i.gif

Howard's End - Robert Higdon Daily Report - Day-0a

There will be a "Day-0b" report from Bob Higdon later on this evening after the Rider's receive their Leg One Bonus Listings

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now the immensity of the undertaking is shaping up in riders minds.

Group pic in 9 minutes, then an anxious hours wait until the Riders Meeting.

I'm sitting in Pasadena, CA, and my palms are sweating just thinking about it.

In just a few hours time, riders will have a rough idea where they are headed, and I'm betting a lot of folks get crap sleep tonight wondering if they made the right choice.

At least the rain will keep them cool tomorrow.
smile.png

GZ

Sorry Kevin.

I'm sure your GSA will do great.

Your chose of GSA vs FJR inspired me for the pseudo blues song.

Right now the immensity of the undertaking is shaping up in riders minds.
Group pic in 9 minutes, then an anxious hours wait until the Riders Meeting.

I'm sitting in Pasadena, CA, and my palms are sweating just thinking about it.

In just a few hours time, riders will have a rough idea where they are headed, and I'm betting a lot of folks get crap sleep tonight wondering if they made the right choice.

At least the rain will keep them cool tomorrow.
smile.png

GZ
George, I wonder if the "Last Supper" will have Tri-tip, Chicken and a fish dish?

It won't matter it will all taste like "FEAR"

Let the banquet begin!

Rally starts tonite when the 1st leg bonus packs are handed out after dinner. This is where all the practice routing will count.

Actually, if history repeats itself, the level of stress picked up at the afternoon rider meeting with a handout of the thumb drives holding the leg's bonii to be sure everyone could read them onto their computers.

The winner of the First Riders Out The Gate (FROTG) Contest: IGNACIO!

Iggy will be the first rider I release tomorrow morning at 10:00:00 EDT.

The packets are out.... very very tough decisions to be made. Thus far, this is shaping up to be a more traditional Iron Butt Rally where it is crucial you don't dick up a single aspect of your bonus decision-making... because your peers aren't going to dick it up.

The Leg One listing appeared to be heavy with Canadian bonuses... extremely heavy.

Thank God there's not much on my desk to take care of tomorrow. I'll likely be glued to this thread for the next 2 weeks! Good luck to all of the competitors. Ride safe!

Wow! I am so frigging excited.

Good luck to all the FJR riders. Let's do two in a row.

My money is on Ignacio, but I'd truly love to see Wendy on the podium.

Ride safe guys and gals.

tel

I subscribed to this post earlier today and am sitting by my phone watching for updates. Between this and the list, this is great fun for a wannabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.