2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All 96 riders were released within 4min, 20 secs.... we've been faster, but only when it was dry out. No spills in the lot despite the rain and cold tires.... one Gold Wing did wobble a bit, but but managed to stay upright.

It was a good, clean start. I have looked at Iggy's Leg One routing; it is exceptionally strong. Others have some equally strong routes planned... we'll see how they do by July 4th.

Wow! Three completely different start directions. I imagine there was quite the headaches of planning last night if it starts like this.

35 minutes into the rally and I'm sitting at home eating a warm breakfast.
uhoh.gif

Laura said she's glad I'm going to the checkpoint this weekend.

She just changed her mind and said she wished I was riding
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

FazerPhillip posted the following pics earlier. I thought some here might enjoy them.

"Some strange guy" giving haircuts.

DSCF0116_zps4ecc7e31.jpg

Love the sticker included in the Rally goodies.

DSCF0122_zps04cfa346.jpg

And the t-shirt

DSCF0123_zps7e04d162.jpg

From the official 2013 IBR Photographer, Tobie Stevens:

Go to tobie.smugmug.com , motorcycle category, 2013 iron butt rallly gallery. I put some new photos. I will post the start photos and some more later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we think that small group due North of the start are heading to a border crossing?

I thought I saw it somewhere but don't see it now, how many couples are testing their relationship by doing this two up?

I thought I saw it somewhere but don't see it now, how many couples are testing their relationship by doing this two up?
I'm not sure what the couples count is, but Pat Ford is doing the ride 2 up with his daughter *thumbsup*
That's pretty freaking awesome. What an amazing answer to the "And what did you do this summer?" question.

Status
Not open for further replies.