2013 Moonshine Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFly

Reaction score
Anyone going ot the Moonshine Lunch Run this year? I've been the last 2-years and it's a blast! 2011 about 10,000 riders! Last year was a bad weather year but 800 of us showed.

Where: Moonshine, IL

When: April 12 - 14

HQ: Days Inn Casey, IL

Info: www. moonshine-run.com

There are many other owner groups that show up and ride together... Honda ST, Concours, BMW...WHERE ARE THE FJR'S?

Would enjoy meeting a bunch of other FJR riders!

Be there!

Quite a few FJR's registered already. If you click on the Riders link, then Make it sorts by motorcycle brand.

Not signed up yet, but I'll probally go. It's a fun time; what you ride is less important than the fact you're there. Nice bike show too.

I only live about 20 miles away from Moonshine and 10 miles away from Casey (I'm in Greenup, IL - exit 119 on I-70). I'm sure I could make it if I'm not working and it's not raining (or snowing or icy - you just never know around here in April). I don't have an FJR, yet anyway, but I have a Yamaha! It's an '07 FZ1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather looking pretty good so far....

8619544084_894d0f3fc4_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheecahgo to Council Bluffs to Casey on Thursday for me. Looks like I might get wet, or even snowed on.
angry01.gif

Sorry you're going to miss it Mark.

I'll take a picture of my double bacon cheese burger and email it to you. OK?

Sheecahgo to Council Bluffs to Casey on Thursday for me. Looks like I might get wet, or even snowed on.
angry01.gif

It's Moonshine...............so what's new about that?

Not going to worry about the weather yet. The forecasters still have a week to change their minds.

angry01.gif
What are you worried about...yer gonna be riding that two wheeled volkswagen...

Sorry you're going to miss it Mark.
I'll take a picture of my double bacon cheese burger and email it to you. OK?
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

biggrin.png

We're hoping to be there sometime Thursday, spend the day Friday and then head out after breakfast on Saturday. Any tips for these first-timers? Something not to miss? Anything to avoid?

Check at Moonshine HQ in Casey (the only motel in Casey)

Tim Yowl has been leading a local area ride on Fridays to lunch, points of interest, and if your lucky you'll get to ride the Tail 'O the Cow.

Pretty sure I'll be sleeping in Friday.