2014 saddlebag sliders/guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Any other options out there besides mc enterprises or t rexs? I got my t rex sliders put on today and was looking for options for the bags.

Google "frame sliders site:fjrforum.com". The last bit limits results to our URL. I got 616 hits.

If you want canyon cages or MC Enterprises or something like that, substitute "crash bars" for frame sliders. I got 173 hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like solid equipment...heavy too.

IMG_3749-L.jpg

I will probably end up with those. I like the look better than others and the sliders I put on yesterdy seem well made.

I have the canyon (enterprise) that are ok, TRex look solid and have a package deal if you want the other guards.

I have the T-Rex sliders and MC Ent. bag guards. Had I known there were T-Rex bag guards I would have gone that route. I think they look more substantial than the MC Ent guards. My short and long term goal is to test them!!!!!!!!!!!

The sliders and protectors you guys are talking about look great. I'll have to put them on my Xmas list!

I haven't installed the bag protectors yet as my patience to work in my sauna-like garage is limited, but I do have the sliders installed now; they look pretty damn sharp!

IMG_3750-L.jpg

IMG_3751-L.jpg

I actually went with the Puig R12 Frame Sliders from Revzilla... Under a $100 delivered. I originally wanted the T-Rex sliders, but always thought they were a little to big, but they do look ok. I am very happy with these and the best part is they are hardly noticeable. In fact, most people seeing my bike for the first time don't even notice, it's as if they are stock... Which makes me happy.

As far as bag guards... Decided not to get em'. I mean I already have an Adventure bike with guards all over it. I didn't buy the FJR for ADV stuff. Plus, I really prefer a clean look, so the fewer add on items the better. I mean to me, bikes with widgets, gizmos, and gobbledygook all over them look, well to me they look a little stupid. But to each their own and if a person likes the farkle look, by all means, farkle away.

I actually went with the Puig R12 Frame Sliders from Revzilla... Under a $100 delivered. I originally wanted the T-Rex sliders, but always thought they were a little to big, but they do look ok. I am very happy with these and the best part is they are hardly noticeable. In fact, most people seeing my bike for the first time don't even notice, it's as if they are stock... Which makes me happy.
As far as bag guards... Decided not to get em'. I mean I already have an Adventure bike with guards all over it. I didn't buy the FJR for ADV stuff. Plus, I really prefer a clean look, so the fewer add on items the better. I mean to me, bikes with widgets, gizmos, and gobbledygook all over them look, well to me they look a little stupid. But to each their own and if a person likes the farkle look, by all means, farkle away.
Hope you don't mind a little character...when you drop it. I don't...but my bike ain't art.

Character! Actually, I don't mind it at all if it's minor. I use my stuff and while I also take care of it, I learned a long time ago, shit happens. I mean if it's a bad one, sure... Heck, I already have a scratched mirror from the shop door and some scuffing on the right bag from my boot dragging over. Neither of these are a worry to me.

I really dont like the way any of the bag protectors look, trex is the best in my opinion. Im trying to decide if I want to buy some or save the money and get an exhaust. I had frame sliders on my 07 but no bag protction so it may be a new bike, scared of dropping it thing.

I installed the T-Rex bag protectors over the weekend....and took them back off (no pics). First, the right side one will interfere with the hydration system mount I use on the passenger footpeg. Second, I wasn't really digging the look...the sliders themselves look awesome...I just didn't like the final look. Going to ponder them for a bit and maybe try again, but otherwise I'll sell them.

I haven't seen any left side pictures of the T-rex sliders yet. I installed them on my '16 A model today. The black sliders look good with the black accents on the '16.

Here is a close up.

IMG_0958_zps49katysw.jpg

Here is a full left side view.

IMG_0961_zpsfsehsqzm.jpg