2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah, if you have a down payment on the bike I would insist the dealer keep the bike off the show room floor. I told my dealer to keep the bike in the whse and just leave the bags in the factory boxes. I will put the lock-tite on the security screws myself. I had a spy go by the store the day before I picked up the bike to see if it was on the showroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
No no no no no showroom. If they want to show off a new one, it shouldn't be yours. I have no faith in human beings any more. Many are non caring self centered slobs that would think nothing of throwing a leg over someone else's bike, be there a "sold" sign or not. I have seen these types do the same thing in a public parking lot. Keep it out of sight until you can pick it up!

Happy for you Redfish Hunter!

You get to blow a wad of cash and credit on a POS beemer-lookalike with soft paint, and UGLY grey/black soft paint at that. Cruise only works up to about 100 mph (owner'a manual, page 4-5, haven't checked that personally) and you can't start it in gear with the side stand down (HAVE checked that personally). What a miserable excuse for a motorcycle.

Okay, where to begin?

First, my bike arrived and was assembled waiting on the showroom floor. I am working straight 12 hour nights and have been for over a month now so I was not in a good mood or capable of proper decision making when I got there. I rode my Honda ST1300 to the dealership and was once again reminded of what a great bike the ST really is, which is a big issue for me. I hate the idea of getting rid of such a wonderful bike.

BUT!!!

MY FJR, yes MY!!! FJR was sitting front and center waiting for me. It did not have the side cases installed, which I found odd but it looked great. For the detractors and haters of the Liquid Graphite color, all I can say is that it looks much better in person. The paint is deep and rich, it has a high gloss and looks very, very classy. The glossy black accents add to the appeal. I cannot stress how much better it looks in person than in the pictures. Most of you remember us saying the same thing about the red '14 paint. My pics did not do it any justice, the same is true for the '15.

My salesman earned my everlasting gratitude by telling me, "Your side cases are in that big cardboard box next to my desk. You know that is the one thing people will scratch up on the sales floor and I did not want that to happen to yours. I was nervous about even putting this bike on the sales floor, but we wanted to display it while we had it." I might add here that my salesman rides a '14 FJR A and his previous bike was 2010 FJR. He understands these bikes.

While I was there my salesman was kind enough to let me listen to his '14 A with the GYTR exhaust SkooterG likes so much. I can see how that would appeal to some of us. They are not obnoxiously loud, they are deep and rich sounding, and they look very good against the Candy Red.

I am typing this at work, my ST1300 is sitting faithfully in the parking lot. I will be trading Ole Blue in later this week, probably Friday. I hope he goes to a good home.

Just in case you guys did not know it, when the Gen 3 FJR hit the market, the value of used ST 1300s dropped like a rock.

Nose_picking_in_progress.jpg

Luckily Skoot is on his way [or in] Cali for this weekends bike show.

I'm thinking RfH can take delivery of his new '15 and it'll be booger free...
punk.gif

--G

Very excited for you, R/H. Friday will be here before you know it, but not fast enough, of course.

Where are we riding on Saturday? And don't give me that work Bullshit. You may not realize it, but EVERYONE on this forum knows that Saturday, you are going to be sick. Very sick - entirely too sick to work. In fact, we know your throat is getting kind of scratchy already. You've got a little sniffle and an occasional cough. Tomorrow it will fester and by Friday, things will go downhill. There is absolutely NO way you will be able to work Saturday. No way.

...I can promise you that I can lose a couple hours of sleep to go get my 2015 Liquid Graphite FJR ES. I may only have time to ride it back and forth to work, but I will at least have it.
Give me a phone number and Dr. Ion will call your boss and tell him/her you have a norovirus infection and will be highly contagious for the next 24 hours and need to be isolated. I believe riding one up on a motorcycle is the equivalent of personal isolation.

Y'all have fun with that new toy! Where are you and your Dad going for an introductory ride on that fine new bike?

Big congrats Andrew, can't wait to ride with you on that new beauty some day
smile.png

I like the color btw, that Red (as pretty as it is) was starting to get "same ole" and "cookie cutter" 4-sure around here.

Enjoy!

It's only Wednesday ...............

but Friday will be here soon! Excited for you, Redfish Hunter!

2. I like seeing all those "0" things.

3. I was a bit surprised at the trim around the gas cap. It almost looks Parkerized, like an old 1911.

I am having difficulty getting my head and my ass wired together right now. Working all these nights is making me grow fangs and leathery wings... It just so happens that Saturday is my 14th night and my plant is only allowing 13 nights in a row. That means I have to take Saturday night off. Of course, that is actually worse than working straight through. A nice added bonus is that winter is actually arriving here as we speak, it will be cold here for the first time this year, we may hit freezing!

I intend to do the break in according to the book, not sure if following hppants around for that will be wise...
smile.png
I will be meeting up with 'pants so he can take a spin on Smoke as soon as possible. My Dad and Mom are in Tennessee right now, Mom wanted some apples so they took the 13 hour drive. I think retirement suits Dad. I just hope he gets home in time to help me play with this new toy.

I like "Ghost Fish Hunter"

It has a particular je ne sais quoi to it... muted, reserved, understated... I don't want need to tell you how cool I am.

I think these gray ghosts will have that ethereal quality, which the "Party All Night", "My Hair is on Fire" reds may never achieve. Same way that the B3's never reached the same "maturity level" that some of the later FJRs did.

I'm perfectly OK with that, and I'm pretty darned sure that Andrew is too.

Enjoy the new bike, Andrew. What a great time to be alive.