2015 headlight protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit Guy

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some headlight protectors for my new Fjr .

Who makes the best ones out there

I run Cee Bailey. Aeroflow did not make them for my 2013 when I checked.

I had something hit one of my lights and shattered the protector. All the pieces stayed attached and there was no damage to the $600 light module it was protecting. Cee Bailey sent me a complete new set for free including shipping. I'm a fan of Cee Bailey.

Generally, Cee Bailey runs a discount on their headlight protectors if you buy a windshield from them.

photo_zpse43fe244.jpg

I have 3M clear film on mine, hardly notice it on the headlamps. May not protect like the Cee Bailey's.

I use Lamin-x on the FJR and my car. No problems, installed on the FJR in 2010, on the car in 2013. Previously installed on 2000 Altima back in 2004 and no problems until the car was totaled in 2013 by a 17 year old house sitter who decided to take the owners Nissan SUV for a little ride after sampling the wines and spirits in the apt. My car and four others experienced her attention regretfully. Headlight film held up fine.

I don't have a GenIII; however, I do have the Cee Bailey protectors on my headlights. I probably waited too long to add them as one of my headlights has a small mark where something hit it. Since putting the protectors on, I have no worries. They're well made and have never moved.

One of the first things I will buy when I finally get a new one.

I have Cee Bailey protectors. I read in a post on here that someone had one crack from a rock hit and Cee Bailey replaced it at no cost. Worth it for that kind of customer service.

Cee Bailey for me too the past 22 months. My headlights are like new and the covers have some chips and scratches in them...after 33k miles, I think they have more than made up their relatively small cost.

If I get some, I'm going with Cee Bailey. I'm curious how many besides velociraptor have had a headlight get broken during their travels.

I have the 3M vinyl film on mine. No issues for almost 150,000 miles and I have certainly taken some hits from gravel. I doubt that the film provides the protection of the Cee Bailey covers but it certainly looks better!

Just installed the CeeBailey protectors on mine. They seem to be very well made and well designed. I did not use full circle fasteners, I used the half circle on four locations. That is how the directions show accompanying the covers.

I have those protectors too. They aren't pretty but, they do the job.
smile.png
I agree about the "they ain't pretty". Had Cee Bailey on my RT and absolutely hated the looks of the plastic sticking out and the butt-ugly mounting discs that show through. I went to the Lamin-X on my RS & will probably do the same on my FJR, even though I'm sure it won't stand up to a major direct hit as well as the Cee Bailey. I'll take my chances in having a cleaner look for having some chip protection.

Yes, the rock that hit my Cee Bailey's would have left your Lamin-X holding the broken plastic together for removal at a later date. If you are worried about debris of any size hitting your headlights or you will traveling at speeds ever so slightly above the posted, the CB is the answer. For sand and other minor debris the Lamin-X should be fine.

I run Cee Bailey. Aeroflow did not make them for my 2013 when I checked.
I had something hit one of my lights and shattered the protector. All the pieces stayed attached and there was no damage to the $600 light module it was protecting. Cee Bailey sent me a complete new set for free including shipping. I'm a fan of Cee Bailey.

Generally, Cee Bailey runs a discount on their headlight protectors if you buy a windshield from them.

[img=[URL="https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/AKBeemer/FJR/photo_zpse43fe244.jpg%5D"]https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/AKBeemer/FJR/photo_zpse43fe244.jpg][/URL]
+1 on the Cee Baileys. Have had them on most of my bikes. Never an issue with the fit. The mounting tabs are a little flimsy and I asked for the 3/4 inch full rounds and have not had any problems since.