2015 thoughts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Don has been tossed out of worse dumps than that!!!

banff%20springs%20hotel-L.png

banff%20springs%202-L.png

They even have valet parking.

Actually it is not Banff. We will be hanging in a town where all the hippies escaped when they got run out of Vancouver. That smoke may not be a forest fire.

Nelson, B.C.? Lots of accommodation, lots of night life, restaurants, bars etc! The Hume for example my last night there with four riders in one room $70/person Canadian and that includes a full restaurant style breakfast. Lots of great riding in the area and is very close to the US/Canada border. The Hume is one of many hotels in the downtown core but is nearly completely renovated to a very high standard. The hotel offers a few intimate bars and restaurants without even leaving the establishment, yet from one end of town to the other is only a few walk-able blocks to great cuisine of many types.

It'd be great if it were timed with the Spearfish run as 'Fitter has mentioned. However, given that it would likely have to be held the previous or following weekend put it out of reach for those who have less than 3 weeks available vacation time (coming from the east I mean).

Oh, I'm in for the mad bastard run, I've been mentioning it for years but CFR has always been held the same weekend.

Damn! Just looked into Spearfish... I can't believe I hadn't heard about that one. :(

I think I wanna be there too! Unfortunately I can't see a scenario where that works for everyone. :(

The only one it won't work with is my boss
sad.png
Would be great to do a ride up to Nelson then on to Spearfish.

Well I do think we had a vote at CFR2014. All those in attendance were unanimous in the vote. Over to you Jeff.....

Well I do think we had a vote at CFR2014. All those in attendance were unanimous in the vote. Over to you Jeff.....
Mi bueno Amigo Roberto: Mazatlan, Sinaloa Estado is still available and I can get you Hosers a deep discount at Las Olas Altas Hotel in the left center of the photo, ese. JSNS, Suerte eh!

mazatlan.jpg

A couple of years ago I was at a MC ride at Apex Mountain Ski Resort (
I have also stayed at Sun Peaks (

Overall SunPeaks was better however both areas have good roads and wonderful scenery.

My 2cents worth.
Looks like my links got cut out of my original message, you will have to search for the links yourself I guess. Anyways Apex is just outside of Penticton, BC and Sun Peaks is outside of Kamloops, BC. The ski resorts look for events like this in the summer to attract people since it is a quiet time of the year. As a result, the accomodation rates are very attractive.

Have you kanuckistanis set a date for this event?

I'd sure like to work it into my plans but my calendar is filling fast.

I think when may be more important than where at this point?

Have you kanuckistanis set a date for this event?
I'd sure like to work it into my plans but my calendar is filling fast.

I think when may be more important than where at this point?
July 16-19 have been announced as the dates but it's not posted anywhere you would expect it to find it.