3 Circuit Panel Power Source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftfield123

Reaction score
I bought a horn lead and a 3 circuit fuse panel for Eastern Beaver. I've installed the new horns and am going to try mounting the panel today. The instructions included with the circuit recommend not using the head light wire. While reading through the forum, I saw mention of the possibility of using an old horn connector as a power source. Would this work? I want all the circuits switched.

Did you order the relay switched 3 circuit panel? If yes, connect the red main power lead directly to the battery and relay trigger wire to someplace like a front running light using the supplied posi-lock. This will give you all the power you need and it will be switched power.

If no, then IMO, you will have to buy a headlight relay and build your own switched power circuit. Details on how to do this can be provided depending on which 3 circuit panel you ordered.

I assume you're talking about power for the relay, and not the main power for the fuze panel.Main power should come directly from the battery terminals. I mounted my eastern beaver inside the fairing panel next to the battery and I tied into the marker light lead on that side. That way all my circuits are switched with the ignition.

The problem with using headlight circuit is that it is hot only when the engine is running and not by just turning the key. Which isn't a problem necessarily, just which you prefer.

Thanks for the quick responses. I did buy the circuit panel, and I was asking for where to power the relay. You have both been a big help and, hopefully, I can get it hooked up.