4-day flip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!! You SOB! I was on my way to Auburn with cash in hand to pick up that bike. I've been looking for a good deal and came across that one; talked to the guy on the phone. I intended on keeping it. Curses!
Seriously, dude? Very rude & highly inappropriate, I must say.

However, there are instances when it may seem appropriate to curse at another, like at the driver of a car who purposely merges into you and nearly pancakes you into a concrete barrier on a narrow (2') shoulder along I-5. That recently happened to me, and that made me curse at him. In all sincerity, I later regret those wicked thoughts. But, if I'd really lost my cool (instead of braking/swerving) I would have gone down for sure, maybe over the barrier & down about 30 feet to the lower deck. And probably would have crashed in a chain reaction, including my brother and the 3rd rider in our group. Very chilling, the foolish actions of one angry driver put our lives in danger. Reacting in anger usually ends badly or fatal when operating motorcycles. In contrast, keeping cool prevented a disastrous conclusion.

Anger can make people sound petty. Life is too short and sometimes things happen, or in this case things don't go your way. Sorry, I fail to see how my actions hurt you and that I deserve such vitriol and some guilt trip...especially from a fellow rider. Besides, I knew nothing of another person 'on their way', and/or 'with cash in hand' as you say. You must have access to resources like we do, yet you sound like some victim out for revenge. The reality is, there are and will always be other bikes available...and fall season usually presents better opportunities for buyers.

I wish you well.
:blink:

I guess I should have inserted a smiley after the "SOB." I meant it in the best way possible. I'm new here and perhaps expressed myself in too familiar a fashion; not realizing you were so sensitive.

I mean, seriously, who says "Curses!" when they are mad for real?

And if I was actually angry, "SOB" would not have been the epithet I would have chosen :D
Okay, whatever. I'm not fond of trash talk directed at anyone, that's just me. I'm just glad your not so sensitive about the fact I knew you were going there and I had a faster truck! :) (just kidding!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, dude? Very rude & highly inappropriate, I must say.

However, there are instances when it may seem appropriate to curse at another, like at the driver of a car who purposely merges into you and nearly pancakes you into a concrete barrier on a narrow (2') shoulder along I-5. That recently happened to me, and that made me curse at him. In all sincerity, I later regret those wicked thoughts. But, if I'd really lost my cool (instead of braking/swerving) I would have gone down for sure, maybe over the barrier & down about 30 feet to the lower deck. And probably would have crashed in a chain reaction, including my brother and the 3rd rider in our group. Very chilling, the foolish actions of one angry driver put our lives in danger. Reacting in anger usually ends badly or fatal when operating motorcycles. In contrast, keeping cool prevented a disastrous conclusion.

Anger can make people sound petty. Life is too short and sometimes things happen, or in this case things don't go your way. Sorry, I fail to see how my actions hurt you and that I deserve such vitriol and some guilt trip...especially from a fellow rider. Besides, I knew nothing of another person 'on their way', and/or 'with cash in hand' as you say. You must have access to resources like we do, yet you sound like some victim out for revenge. The reality is, there are and will always be other bikes available...and fall season usually presents better opportunities for buyers.

I wish you well.
WTF?!?! No more from me - I'll keep my mouth shut. Like you should have done.
Sorry to offend you, next time I'll not express me-self just to get along. :D Now skoot!

This is definitely a record for me; pissing someone off within my first 20 posts on a new forum.
Hey, it's still 'dog-pile' Friday yes? You missed the mark by about 19, jes sayin'.. :p
Dag...I missed Friday by an hour or two, but hey, If it weren't for being a "potty mouth", I'd have nothing to say (or no way to properly express myself).

Excellent deal by the way. That really is once in a lifetime. I had a similar deal two years back. I bought a non-running 1998 Kawi Concours for $850. Cleaned it up, cleaned the carbs, and sold it after adding 6000 miles to the clock for $3400. I've been trying to find another deal like that ever since. Not happening anytime soon.

Congrats!

Rest easy everyone. There are plenty of deals out there. Patience is necessary to find the good ones though. But the really, really fabulous deals like this one are few and far between and chuck full of scamsters and other potholes. I have bought 4 bikes in the last 3 years, still have 3 of them and all were bought out of desperate sellers just wanting cash. The one I sold, I rode for a year and sold for $400 more than I paid for it (only $2,800). The one nice thing about motorcycles is that if you buy smart, take care of them and sell smart, you can have a great time at little to no real out of pocket expense at the end of the day thru depreciation.

Hi everyone. I'm the schmuck who bought the bike from FJRyder. :blink: Well compared to higher mileage machines, I thought it was a fair price, especially if I had not known the deal he found. The bike runs great and looks good, plus I have a knowleged (and resourceful) owner just around the corner which is a plus.

Put about 300 miles on it since last Saturday and getting recalls and brake flush done next week. G2 throttle just came in the mail today....ok FJRyder, time to come help me out buddy. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and say sorry to those who got beat to the punch. Your loss was my and FJRyder's gain...

Hi everyone. I'm the schmuck who bought the bike from FJRyder. :blink: Well compared to higher mileage machines, I thought it was a fair price, especially if I had not known the deal he found. The bike runs great and looks good, plus I have a knowleged (and resourceful) owner just around the corner which is a plus.

Put about 300 miles on it since last Saturday and getting recalls and brake flush done next week. G2 throttle just came in the mail today....ok FJRyder, time to come help me out buddy. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and say sorry to those who got beat to the punch. Your loss was my and FJRyder's gain...
AWESOME! Good luck with the bike. It is the best color!

Let's git-R-done! Both the throttle spring and the G2 install. :) Then, let's ride!

I'm Coming into this a Little Late But, I Sensed the Humor in Superfuzz's Original Post from a Mile Away! :rolleyes:

We have Two Noobies here that will Quickly Learn the Way things Work around Here. :huh:

Superfuzz Will Learn how to use the Emoticons in a way that Will Leave No Ambiguities to the True Intentions of His Post. ;)

FJRydr will Learn that a Thin Skin and a Hair Trigger Reaction Will earn Him a Red, Chapped, and Blistered Ass Around Here. I Learned that the Hard way Myself :black eye:

I Think the Both of You are F#@King Idiots!! :eek: Damn! Did I Say that Outloud? :eek:

See How that Works?? :p :drinks: :bye:

I'm Coming into this a Little Late But, I Sensed the Humor in Superfuzz's Original Post from a Mile Away! :rolleyes:

We have Two Noobies here that will Quickly Learn the Way things Work around Here. :huh:

Superfuzz Will Learn how to use the Emoticons in a way that Will Leave No Ambiguities to the True Intentions of His Post. ;)

FJRydr will Learn that a Thin Skin and a Hair Trigger Reaction Will earn Him a Red, Chapped, and Blistered Ass Around Here. I Learned that the Hard way Myself :black eye:

I Think the Both of You are F#@King Idiots!! :eek: Damn! Did I Say that Outloud? :eek:

See How that Works?? :p :drinks: :bye:
Whatever :rolleyes: sounds like you learned nothing ;) (Oops, did I say that outloud) ;)

Sounds like an amazing deal all around. I'd say this one even beats my buddy who couldn't have gotten a better deal on a HD Sportster if he'd taken out a gun and robbed the dude. Guy had bought the HD and put 700 miles on it. A guy at work mentioned to me and another guy that his buddy had this bike and it was sitting in his garage for a few years unused and the wife wanted rid of it. The other guy (I know, getting confusing but wait for it) mentioned he might be interested and went over to look at the thing...ended up giving him $1,200 for it...the guy that helped him truck it home offered him $4,500 for it...he refused and is still driving it. Had to do a bunch of work to get it going but it's as good as new, which is to say a POS compared to my FJR :)