4 in 2 one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint

Reaction score
I was looking at the Muzzy's web site and they have a system for the FJR from front to back. Has anyone tried their outfit on a bike yet?

Flint

I think Radman is singing the praises of an aftermarket exhaust system over on another thread.

But seriously, I think the Muzzy system has a reputation for being a bit loud.

Yeah I was reading his litany about the setup he's fightin' with at the moment. That is what made me think of seeing that other pipe and wonderin' if it had hit the street with anyone from here yet? I can take a little bit a racket but I don't want to be the king of noise. It ruins my stealth mode of flyin' low. Saddlebags, tail trunk, old bald fat guy, no way he can be goin' very fast? :assasin:

Good luck and good speed,

Flint

I've owned a Muzzy system before and met Rob Muzzy face to face (it wasn't a friendly conversation). His build quality sucks (porous welds), his customer service sucks (doesn't want to warranty a pipe for porous welds), and his systems are more than loud enough to make the neighbors give you dirty looks. I'll never own anything with the name Muzzy on it again.

He's got a cool name though, him and Rob Zombie oughta start a band.

Rob and Rob at the unveiling of their new Burgman system, reputed to up output by an astonishing 75%
rob_zombie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned a Muzzy system before and met Rob Muzzy face to face (it wasn't a friendly conversation).  His build quality sucks (porous welds), his customer service sucks (doesn't want to warranty a pipe for porous welds), and his systems are more than loud enough to make the neighbors give you dirty looks.  I'll never own anything with the name Muzzy on it again.
Porous welds save weight and customer service is reserved for big racing names that get him even more business.

I had a Muzzy full system on my Bandit 1200 for 3 years before I sold the bike. Great power, great sound and never had a problem with it. It was no louder than the Holeshot slip-on I had on the bike. Can't comment on customer suervice since it never broke in 20,000 miles of sportriding. Welds were clean on mine. I'd give Muzzy my business again.

Mike

I will wait to see what my tax return looks like :rolleyes:

Then i might pick up the system with the quiet core canister.

I had Muzzys systems on my ZX11 and ZX12r both looked great

and never a problem,plus the price is right.

Must be nice to get a tax return!!
If it is anything like our government.

It is that they over charge you through out the year and then give your back some of your own money only after your fill in the correct forms.

Hey Howie, I'm super lazy today, so forgive me for not searching the ZRex sites... Why'd Kawi kill it? This was on my short list of next bikes. :(

Just took a LOOK at the Muzzy site and I gotta tell ya, the ONLY system I'd consider dumping my Muzzy for would be an Akrapovic. But they are VERY spendy.

I'd have to agree with an earlier poster that a Muzzy system CAN be loud. It might not necessarily BE loud, but different strokes, as they say.

Looks like I'm gonna be out about $1k.

:)

Hey Howie, I'm super lazy today, so forgive me for not searching the ZRex sites...  Why'd Kawi kill it?  This was on my short list of next bikes. :(
Looks like it's still available in Pacific Rim countries and Europe, just not in NA.

Momma Kaw apparently isn't saying why we aren't on the shipping roster.

Maybe undergoing a re-do for 07?

Remember, the ZRX1100, the original, basically was a re-tuned-for-midrange ZX1100 Ninja. Maybe the (hope-hope-hope) '07 will be the home for a re-tuned-for-midrage ZX12R mill since the ZX14 is replacing the 12.

Gawd what a bike THAT would be. Naked retro with 160hp motor.

DROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

A Muzzy tale-

About six months Rollin' along one day and a sweet soundin' Honda blew past me. Chased the dude down at the 7-11 standing by his bike...jumped out the truck and asked him about the sound. Of course I see the "MUZZY"nameplate on the pipes. He cranked it up and damn..... sweet-strong-powerful, and a nice torquey blend all in one. I went home and looked then up on the web. After not seeing anything on the site I emailed the compamy. Sadly they emailed back about a day later and said they had nothing for the FJR. I am really glad to see they are now offering bolt ons and a 4in2. In a month or so i am allover it!

Fiveo

Called Starcycle.com and told them parts411 had the system for 504.53, so they gave me it for 503+30 for quiet core and 36 shipping. Ordered, it should take about 2 weeks or so to get it.

So for less than $600 i get the whole system with a quiet core muffler.

Guy said basically the quiet core muffler has a smaller pipe through the muffler that tapers to reduce noise,with a small decrease in performance, in other words,it's not a 2 1/4" straight through muffler.

Last year i was interested in the Remus 4 into 1,but they wouldn't import to the U.S.,if they would have i would have bought theirs.

I have a Muzzy 2-1 stainless on my 02 Warrior...fit, finish, and performance are very good, no complaints

rp