50+ degrees in Twin Cities

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom A.

Reaction score
The dealer finished my ignition switch with perfect timing. Called me around 10 this morning with the news that the bike was done. The weather was perfect, and except for a lot of sand and a little ice and water I actually had a nice ride. I only saw two other bikes out. Tried to get my Gold Wing buddy to go along, but he just laughed. We probably couldn't have gotten his bike to the street through the snow in his yard anyway.

Anyway, I'm on the road again. Looks like a warm week ahead with some rain on Tuesday. It would be nice to wash some of the sand away.

Did anyone else get out and enjoy the weather?

Had a great ride here today North of Boston to take my bike up to G&G Cycle for a 16,000 service. Nearly 50 here today, which was awesome, especially after having commuted on Friday in "real feel" 15 degree weather!

No way. Salt and sand ensure Frank stays home till the trucks or rain have cleaned up things.

Not yet, but been thinking about it. Should set up the recall appointment, and put the battery back in one of these days. Hopefully we can get a down-poor....the streets are part gravel. They used some different grit this year...a lot chunkier.

I'm not in a hurry to get out in the salt and sand either. What dealer did the service, and how did you like the dealer? I'm looking for suggestions for a dealer with a good service department in the minneapolis area.

I'm not in a hurry to get out in the salt and sand either. What dealer did the service, and how did you like the dealer? I'm looking for suggestions for a dealer with a good service department in the minneapolis area.
Bought the bike from the Hitching Post in Fridley, who did the switch. It didn't go perfectly, as they forgot to swap the lock core at first, but after reading the recall service directions took care of me even at the cost of another recall kit. I know they've done at least a half dozen by now -- plus they now know to swap your old lock core into the the new switch.

Too much sand and melt off, not to mention the salt residue on the roads yet for me, but I hope soon.

FJJ'sR