622 Miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farkles

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
:angry: :angry: Just dropeed the FJR in the parking lot of a customers, Pulled in and flipped the side stand down and felt it go to stops but when I put the bike weight on it down we went. :angry2:

Thank you skyway for the sliders. took most of the fall. It was a gental fall as I sacrficed my body for the bike but still slammed head on pavement,( thats is what helemts are for?)

Little marks not much can be buffed out.

So do I get the squid, newbe dumbshit award for the bike dropped with the lowest miles.? I really hate that side stand.

Nope I think I took that award in 05 when I dropped mine at work less then 12 hours(200 miles) after delivery..... DOH...not even enough time to put sliders on it...Oh well such is life

Yeah you got me by about 400 miles. However, I dropped it 2x within 3 days.

1st time turning around on a really crowned road, rolling backwards, and once in a McD's parking lot on the way home from same trip, Both times bike was beyond horizontal heading down hill. What a bitch to pickup.

Both pre-sliders :( Touch-up paint is a wonderful thing.

I think somebody has you all beat. IIRC, someone dropped it at the bottom of their driveway.

But if you really, really, really want the award....Okay! At least you have the "1st scratch" covered!

Dropped my '03 with less than 100 miles on it. Stupid move by me while pulling out of a gas station to wait at a red light. Tapped the front brake at a whopping 1mph and it locked right and went down sloooooow. I'm sure some of you know the feeling of helplessness. :( You can only dab your right foot so many times until until gravity finally takes over.

Welcome to the group ! My condolences, think of it as a learning experience... So far I've done it once each side so at least the side bags sorta match.

Yea I was at least just parking and it didn't do much(thanks to shyway sliders) but yea it sucks and I have been so carefull because of this forum telling me the sidestand sucks I know I put it all the way down must have bounced back.

And the FJR is real freakin heavy to get back up when it is on its side kicking its leggs. :) You really learn the meening of top heavy. I don't know what someone of normal size would do they would never get it upright with out help. :eek:

+1

Welcome to the club, Farkles.

I'm wondering, as I always do at times like this, if Harley has a patent on the mechanism that prevents their sidestand from retracting while there is weight on it. I wouldn't have had to watch my bike roll off the stand if it worked that way.

Cheers,

Jim

Welcome to the group ! My condolences, think of it as a learning experience... So far I've done it once each side so at least the side bags sorta match.

I dropped mine when I got home from the dealer (gravel drive, new bike, stupid rider) with 11 miles.

**it happens.

After I put the Wilbers shock on my 04 it raised the back end enough (1"?) that the sidestand is much more secure, as there is a greater lean angle and more weight on it in any given situation.

Still a great idea with this bike to park it in gear (something I have never done with other bikes other than on a hill) in case the biatch decides it's time to rock and roll.

Sorry to hear about your mishap - may it be your last!

Nope I think I took that award in 05 when I dropped mine at work less then 12 hours(200 miles) after delivery..... DOH...not even enough time to put sliders on it...Oh well such is life

Nope! ALL TIME RECORD!

My friend dropped one he sat on in the dealers showroom! Took the kickstand up and stood the bike upright and then forgot to put the stand down. He took 4 (FOUR!) new bikes down at the same time. (domino effect!) AND!!! broke his leg between the bikes!

AND he didn't get a trophy
winnergold1.gif

or anything, not even a bill. The dealer said he had insurance "for just such an accident"

CK

Nope! ALL TIME RECORD!

My friend dropped one he sat on in the dealers showroom! Took the kickstand up and stood the bike upright and then forgot to put the stand down. He took 4 (FOUR!) new bikes down at the same time. (domino effect!) AND!!! broke his leg between the bikes!

winnergold1.gif

or anything, not even a bill. The dealer said he had insurance "for just such an accident"

CK

Now that's funny!

Nope! ALL TIME RECORD!

winnergold1.gif

CK
Holy Crap! Please let us know if he's coming to any rallies or get togethers :)