90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth it, yes. Bike Effects, yes. Point the stem away from the side stand, yes. Lots easier to check when on the side stand.
forgive me, but what difference does it make which side to point the stem?

i've always check and filled the tires from the left side of the bike, while the bike is on the center stand.

cadman

Worth it, yes. Bike Effects, yes. Point the stem away from the side stand, yes. Lots easier to check when on the side stand.

i've always check and filled the tires from the left side of the bike, while the bike is on the center stand.

cadman

Gunny on the Bike Effects stems! The difference is that some of us like to leave the bike on the sidestand to air the tires, either way works fine for the centerstand, but pointing toward the sidestand is a pain in the neck [back, knees, etc.] if you prefer the sidestand method. "Different strokes", ...ya know? B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I run the valve stems from bike effects..... :)
2247302-plus1.gif
word.gif

I put 90 deg. valve stems on both ends. I pointed the front to the right, easy to get to when the bike is on the kickstand. I put the rear on, facing left to avoid the rotor.

I find the front one very helpful, but the rear not so much. On the rear the width of the wheel makes the 90 deg. harder to get to with my guage and compressor; but that's me.

What makes the Bike Effects stems @ $29.00 better than the CA Sport Touring stems @ $11.56? Both prices are for 2 stems.
Got links? Are they the same brand & model? CA Sport Touring doesn't heavily support this forum and kick down killer swag for regional gatherings like Bike Effects does....

cadman
I fill on the side stand. I have the rear stem pointing to the left and the front wheel to the right. The front wheel leans to the left of course, and the stem is easier to access on the right. I have the rear on the left because it just seems easier for me to access on that side away from the brake rotor-- also I meant them both to be on the right but it got screwed up and I never changed it, because I'm lazy, and I liked it to the left in the rear after all. :beach:

EDIT:eek:dot no comments about my rear or the way I lean

Oh, and Bike Effects because he has been good to us.

Also, don't lose the caps because you can't buy the matching machined caps alone...now I have a gay chrome plastic one on one of them...