90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with all this chatter about checking air pressure? Just give the tires a good solid kick before you ride. If they go "BOINK!" they have enough air, and if they go "THUD!" you need to add some. Easy as pie. No bending, no muss, no fuss. ;)
Does the woman in your avatar go "BOINK"?
She recently popped a kid, so I'm thinking the answer is yes.
Good, then there is hope.... well, probably not for me, but ya gotta have dreams... lol

What makes the Bike Effects stems @ $29.00 better than the CA Sport Touring stems @ $11.56? Both prices are for 2 stems.
Jer
Just look at the pictures. The first ones are a bent tube and mine are machined from one piece of aluminum. The bent tubes can deflect at high speed ( I have heard). I can include as my customers, 3 AMA Superbike teams. I would say the high speed testing has been done.

Yeah, and those straight ones can open up under centrifugal force at about 8000 rpm, causing air to escape. Don't ask how I know....

Kurveygirl also has Enkei 85 degree stems for $10/pair. That's what I use, but I'm not quite as chromophobic as some.