905 Racing -FJR Engine Crashbars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-RemingtonRider

Their Sunset / My Sunrise
Reaction score
:unsure:

Greetings,

One thing I was interested in was Engine Crash bars. Read the threads about the group buy and how it went. Seemingly gotten some great reviews and many participated. I have been for 2wks, trying to contact 905 via their website and sent a couple of e-mails, because I wanted a set of crash bars. Ran across this google when I failed again trying to find something on their website that would allow me to place an order, since no one responded to the e-mail.

Nevertheless, perhaps it was fate by stumbling on this post. How has everyone faired with their crash bars versus what this FJR owner wrote? https://journal.drfaulken.com/905-racing-cr...e-guard-review/

Not sure if I posted a link, I just copy/paste that into the block here. Any thoughts or issues with your crash bars?

Still like the way they look, but don't want to go wobble wobble in to the ditch either.

The rider was right about one thing, they are hard to get in touch with.

You can still buy them.

They are still listed on the 'Hand Brake' section of their website from the group buy.

https://secure1.netbilling.com/cs/store.cgi...p;prod_cat=3105

The best contact info is to contact Stephanie directly via email:

Stephanie Celiceo <[email protected]>

I do know the are out traveling this week to MotoGP.

I've personally not had an issue getting in touch with them, but then I email stephanie and haven't tried to call them since the group buy.

They have also recently had a death in the family and that's thrown em for a loop.

I use them, I like them. The rears are UGLY and definitely make riding the bike w/o the bags not an option.

Yep I've dragged them, and ask them to shorten up the bottom some which should make that go away.

But black on a blue bike barely stands out:

K%206078.JPG

Oh and I crash tested them too, at least the fronts, didn't have the rears mounted at the time (doh).

$300 for a set saved me a lot of fairing.

IMG_0091.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, that's my link :) You can also find my experience on either one of the existing 905 threads here on the forum (one is based on the group buy, one is from someone else who also dragged their bars). There is also a recent thread where a weld busted on a frame.

I have had horrible luck with getting them to contact me. The best thing to do is have mdisher contact them for you on his behalf; without him I would have gotten nowhere. He is super helpful and even offered to help me with install questions.

905 still hasn't responded to my email a week ago today about dragging their bars and my safety concerns.

Avoid 'em.

You can still buy them.
They are still listed on the 'Hand Brake' section of their website from the group buy.

https://secure1.netbilling.com/cs/store.cgi...p;prod_cat=3105

The best contact info is to contact Stephanie directly via email:

Stephanie Celiceo <[email protected]>

I do know the are out traveling this week to MotoGP.

I've personally not had an issue getting in touch with them, but then I email stephanie and haven't tried to call them since the group buy.

They have also recently had a death in the family and that's thrown em for a loop.

I use them, I like them. The rears are UGLY and definitely make riding the bike w/o the bags not an option.

Yep I've dragged them, and ask them to shorten up the bottom some which should make that go away.

But black on a blue bike barely stands out:

K%206078.JPG

Oh and I crash tested them too, at least the fronts, didn't have the rears mounted at the time (doh).

$300 for a set saved me a lot of fairing.

IMG_0091.JPG
I have both front and rears. I live close to their shop in San Diego, and drop by now and again to say hi. Mdisher is right, Stephanie runs the shop and actually is a very nice and diligent person. It is a small business that caters to "Stunters" The email address is correct that Mdisher gave, but I'll go one better. This is Stephanie's direct line (619) 210-3787. One reason they have been slow on orderes is their CNC programmer vanished one day leaving them high and dry...I heard they recently found another programer for the CNC machine. (nothing to do with the crash bars) but the crash bars for the FJR is a very small part of their business. Someone on the forum prompted them to make him a set and word got out and they have been trying in vain to keep up with the demand.

I was told they redesigned the front bars and cut as much as possible off the losest part so as not to ever drag again before the footpeg. That is what I was told. Give them aother try if you think the bars will work for you. I will see if anything has gone south wilth them and post up my findings. Probably next week though. Actually, they're very good folks..

I live close to their shop in San Diego, and drop by now and again to say hi.
Next time you see them, ask Stephanie if they need a Gen I model to get the bars finished. At this point, I'm willing to ride down there and let them use my bike, if they need to....

I live close to their shop in San Diego, and drop by now and again to say hi.
Next time you see them, ask Stephanie if they need a Gen I model to get the bars finished. At this point, I'm willing to ride down there and let them use my bike, if they need to....
Were you the one that prompted them to start the crash bars for the fjr? I will go down to the shop and say hi and ask if they need a gen 1 bike to use to get production going again on the gen 1 Pm me your vitals and I will either have them call you or email you.

Brian

i love mine. scrapped both fronts, turning uphill...might set the suspension a little more stiff...didn't concern me as I was pretty hard into the throttle and now they have 'scars' which aren't noticeable....

I've scraped down in exactly the same place, hard enough so I lost the black plastic caps that cover the upper mounting bolts. But I was going thru some really technical East Bay terrain at the time keeping up with a buddy and his new-to-him Beemer K1200R. Scraped just a bit before the footpegs but then I was expecting something like that.

You can't be anywhere close to "responsible" riding and touch the crash bars :)

:unsure: Greetings,

One thing I was interested in was Engine Crash bars. Read the threads about the group buy and how it went. Seemingly gotten some great reviews and many participated. I have been for 2wks, trying to contact 905 via their website and sent a couple of e-mails, because I wanted a set of crash bars. Ran across this google when I failed again trying to find something on their website that would allow me to place an order, since no one responded to the e-mail.

Nevertheless, perhaps it was fate by stumbling on this post. How has everyone faired with their crash bars versus what this FJR owner wrote? https://journal.drfaulken.com/905-racing-cr...e-guard-review/

Not sure if I posted a link, I just copy/paste that into the block here. Any thoughts or issues with your crash bars?

Still like the way they look, but don't want to go wobble wobble in to the ditch either.

The rider was right about one thing, they are hard to get in touch with.

I never got black plastic caps :\

I guess I am used to my FZ6 and R1150R crash bars not interfering with the normal operation of the footpeg feeler. I am glad other people are still happy with their bars (I think they look great) but between the service and the design issue I had enough. Another forum member is going to get them and will enjoy them more than I would.

On another note, several people in my family own small businesses that rely on word of mouth and/or the Internet to succeed. I understand things happen. People get sick, folks quit, suppliers change, etc. The difference is that I never received any notification that there would be a delay or why. I conduct a lot of business online and even a short, timely unprompted note would have made me feel differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got black plastic caps :\
I guess I am used to my FZ6 and R1150R crash bars not interfering with the normal operation of the footpeg feeler. I am glad other people are still happy with their bars (I think they look great) but between the service and the design issue I had enough. Another forum member is going to get them and will enjoy them more than I would.

On another note, several people in my family own small businesses that rely on word of mouth and/or the Internet to succeed. I understand things happen. People get sick, folks quit, suppliers change, etc. The difference is that I never received any notification that there would be a delay or why. I conduct a lot of business online and even a short, timely unprompted note would have made me feel differently.
I cannot argue with that in the least. Like I said, (I) haven't had a problem contact them, but would clearly agree they aren't as proactive with the information as I would like.

I just wanted to say thanks again for your help. After posting in this thread, I got an email from Stephanie offering to adjust the bars based on their newer design.

I've already decided to sell mine, but it is nice to see them extend a hand to the community. If anyone else owns the crash bars and wants to keep them, Racing 905 may adjust them for you.

Okay, I just today went by the “905 racing” shop and it looks as though they will be gone until Monday after next. I will again stop by at that time and see what's up. I know communication has been poor relative to the crash bars and our requests, especially for the Gen 1 guys. I know three months ago when I got mine they had at least eight more ready to ship. Toecutter has been kind enough to offer up his 04 to finalize measurements for them to get the Gen 1 bikes on board. Thanks Bob!

I agree with Dr. Faulkin’s thread even though they have a product that is in demand by FJR owners, they need to make sure that they are not making a product that is dangerous. And, if a design flaw is observed they should immediately make adjustments to correct. What a liability on their part, especially with the amount of paper trail on this forum. Nice folks or not, and they really seem to be, there is no excuse for the lack of communication to orders and design issues. This economy is bad, good business skill and a “Customer First Focus” will be saving grace in this failing business climate.

I will continue to do what I can to facilitate our needs and their cooperation.

Manwhore

Okay, I just today went by the "905 racing" shop and it looks as though they will be gone until Monday after next. I will again stop by at that time and see what's up. I know communication has been poor relative to the crash bars and our requests, especially for the Gen 1 guys. I know three months ago when I got mine they had at least eight more ready to ship. Toecutter has been kind enough to offer up his 04 to finalize measurements for them to get the Gen 1 bikes on board. Thanks Bob!
I agree with Dr. Faulkin's thread even though they have a product that is in demand by FJR owners, they need to make sure that they are not making a product that is dangerous. And, if a design flaw is observed they should immediately make adjustments to correct. What a liability on their part, especially with the amount of paper trail on this forum. Nice folks or not, and they really seem to be, there is no excuse for the lack of communication to orders and design issues. This economy is bad, good business skill and a "Customer First Focus" will be saving grace in this failing business climate.

I will continue to do what I can to facilitate our needs and their cooperation.

Manwhore
Yes, they are in Indy at MotoGP this week. I was hoping to actually meet them in person but it doesn't look like that will happen.

-MD

Okay, here's the straight skinny... Again, I visited 905 Racing the (only) folks that make crash bars for the FJR. Stephanie, the office manager and owner, with husband Adrian told me today that they are completely back on line and are anxious to take any orders for the Gen 2 bikes. :clapping: (Again, this is a side product for them, and they are making the crash bars because there is a demand on this forum and abroad. Their main focus is building crash bars and frames for "Stunters" and their race truck.)

"Toecutter" has made a very generous offer and is coordinating with Stephanie and 905 Racing (hopefully today) to leave his Gen 1 bike for three days so they can finish needed measurements for the back set of crash bars to go into production for all that own Gen 1 bikes and have been wanting a set for their bike. The fronts are ready now I understand. :yahoo:

905 racing's 411 is: Stephanie direct- ((619) 210-3787 Fax: (619) 423-1053 email: [email protected]

If you have been waiting for your chance to get a pair of these bars I suggest you get in touch with Stephanie and get your order in now. I have a set of front and back and love them. Fortunately, I have not given them a chance to save me thousands of $ in replacement plastic. But, that is exactly what they are designed to do.

Brian

Okay, here's the straight skinny... Again, I visited 905 Racing the (only) folks that make crash bars for the FJR. Stephanie, the office manager and owner, with husband Adrian told me today that they are completely back on line and are anxious to take any orders for the Gen 2 bikes. :clapping: (Again, this is a side product for them, and they are making the crash bars because there is a demand on this forum and abroad. Their main focus is building crash bars and frames for "Stunters" and their race truck.)
"Toecutter" has made a very generous offer and is coordinating with Stephanie and 905 Racing (hopefully today) to leave his Gen 1 bike for three days so they can finish needed measurements for the back set of crash bars to go into production for all that own Gen 1 bikes and have been wanting a set for their bike. The fronts are ready now I understand. :yahoo:

905 racing's 411 is: Stephanie direct- ((619) 210-3787 Fax: (619) 423-1053 email: [email protected]

If you have been waiting for your chance to get a pair of these bars I suggest you get in touch with Stephanie and get your order in now. I have a set of front and back and love them. Fortunately, I have not given them a chance to save me thousands of $ in replacement plastic. But, that is exactly what they are designed to do.

Brian
Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post here. Anyone get the redesigned front crash guards for Gen 2? Company still taking orders? I just sent Stephanie and Aaron at 905 Racing an e-mail and will update here. I was originally looking for highway pegs and found TCMIKE'S thread here...New farkles, hwy pegs for 905 bars, and maxiview mirror

Barry

Stephanie from 905 Racing promptly e-mailed me back and said that the crash bar has been redesigned to come closer into the bike. That would be fine except that the highway pegs may not stick out as much. I guess it depends what part of the crash bar is closer to the bike, I would assume it would be the bottom portion. Does anyone have the new crash bars? Does anyone know of a better highway peg position/placement than this set up?

Apparently, they'll only fix their shitty design only if you're touched down on them. Can't wait to see them in court if I go down on them.