A Cheap Way Out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ease up on the poor guy. I agree with Warchild he needs to make a few changes to his wiring but the lights look fine. Hell they look just like Motolights.
I wonder why people are afraid to contribute here? :dntknw:
Gunny... I appreciate less-expensive alternatives. I plan on doing something similar when my bike gets back from the shop. I bought some 35W halogen fog-type lights for this purpose. It's worth a try for $30.

Ease up on the poor guy. I agree with Warchild he needs to make a few changes to his wiring but the lights look fine. Hell they look just like Motolights.
Ditto. Ah, the beauty of the internet, people feel free to be A-holes in their anonymity.

Doesn't look too "redneck" to me, and I know redneck! Nice job, 1badfjr!

What happened to American ingenuity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. Ah, the beauty of the internet, people feel free to be A-holes in their anonymity.

Doesn't look too "redneck" to me, and I know redneck! Nice job, 1badfjr!

What happened to American ingenuity?
I agree. At least he's trying something AND putting it on the forum for consideration.

Why be Dicks? Because you can? And nobody can kick your ass through the internet? Remember that when the little weasel in the Cage cuts you off, nearly kills you, and gives you the finger. Why? Because you can't kick his ass through his car. :headbonk:

It's not the critic who counts, it's the one out there actually doing it that does.

I thought smug, self rightous remarks were for Harley riders. But, guess I'm wrong.

Saving money is good. I drove 1000 miles ('round trip) to save $4,000 on our two new FJRs. I would do it again in a minute. If I wanted extra lights for visibility, why spend $300.00 or more?

Every weekend, in the Albuquerque area, we have a coffee shop in the mountains that has a large parking lot. On any Suday (brings back memories), you can find tons of sport/sport touring bikes. Groups of 3 or 4 go off on rides, other groups come in. You find everything from $27,000 MV Agustas to old Nortons or Hondas. Some cool, some ugly. But they are still motorcyclists and we enjoy each others company.

Now putting chorme all over your bike seems senseless, but, hey, if it make your happy....than it's good.

Lighten up..............

Looks okay. A nice set of "being seen" type lights.

Do you have any plans on something to protect them from stone damage?

Last edited by a moderator:
1- I agree. At least he's trying something AND putting it on the forum for consideration.
2- Why be Dicks? Because you can?3- And nobody can kick your ass through the internet? :headbonk:

It's not the critic who counts, it's the one out there actually doing it that does.

1- I also agree but, as you will soon find out, It's all about the $ here

2- Because I can. yer right and it's expected of someof us. Live with it :)

3- Why does somebody always bring up the ass kickin' thing :aggressive: ? Ain't got nothing to do with it, a little razzing, it's all in fun :tease:

As you spend more time here you will eventually see some of us are just plain wise ass's.

Ya want ornery, Piss ol' TWN or Skyway off.

All Hail the Dick...... (references available upon request)

:jester:

This is where whiny gash crying leads to insults and all out war......I love it. I just wish I threw the first stone.

Dead thread........we're dogpiling bounce now. Way to go and steal the show, bounce.

This is just not fair! This was OUR thread to dog-pile joker!!!

Though, I guess us noobs and infrequent poster should cut him some slack-he IS one of us...854 posts in two years that seems pretty infrequent to me! :rolleyes: Slacker!

Hey it's Friday! I say we still get 'im, boys!

"Put a rag in it karver" :lol: Stole that from odot.

Yeah sitin' here bored. Just finished installing Man horns(freeway blasters) on Gixxer 1000 (tons of room), thought I'd see what I could do to liven things up ;)

:jester: