A New Farkly Thingy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
It's cold and wet today so I made it into the garage to perform a little farkling.

I used to use a Garmin 276c GPS that has worked fine over the years but I had recently won a photo contest and received a brand new Zumo 665 for my efforts. I added a new Touratech mount and the new GPS now resides on the FJR...

1239833954_MtcVi-L.jpg

I have the XM Antenna stuck here for now...

1239835493_sSFqW-L.jpg

I called XM Canada to ask about the XM WX Weather Service but the price was rude. I'm also even wondering about the radio since I have lots of tunes already loaded on the Zumo but will in the end probably go ahead and subscibe.

Before anyone asks I am NOT parting ways with my beloved 276c GPS since it has found a permenent home on my WR450F dirt bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great.

Was the win from the Greenland boat pictures? That was a awesome picture.

Several folks make a puck mount for the top of the brake fluid reservoir. Works good there.

I remember when you posted that great photo. Congrats!!! Too bad you had to ride those awful motorcycle things to get there.... :lol:

Looks great.

Was the win from the Greenland boat pictures? That was a awesome picture.

Several folks make a puck mount for the top of the brake fluid reservoir. Works good there.
You're close, the photo was actually taken in Iceland in the West Fjords area near the hamlet of Kvigindisdafur.

941640822_x7tAd-L.jpg

The XM Antenna will probably end up on top of the brake reservoir as you suggested.

Last edited by a moderator: