About ready to go on a farkle frenzy. Am I missing anything?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Substitute Grip Puppies-small (www.casporttouring.com) for whatever large diamter grips you're considering. Easy to install, mine took about 60 seconds. Increase grip diamter, provide great grip even in the rain - trust me on this one, I was at EOM this year. All for under $10 per pair.
Substitute the Audiovox CCS 100 for the throttlemeister. For around $90 for the Cruise plus some HW, you can have a true cruise control. I recently installed mine and can send you a parts list and my install notes if your interested.
Grip puppies look interesting, how 'squishy' are they? I tried something similar and didn't like them as it felt like I was grabbing onto marshmallows. I'm all for soft but too soft is bad, yaknow?

I've seen the CCS 100 in some threads and it does intrigue me. By 'true' cruise you mean constant speed up and down hills etc? It appears to work on vacuum from just looking at the pictures? How hard is it for me and a super OCD buddy to install? I guess I'm asking for your parts list and notes please :) rob at cookfam dot net if you'd like to email me them.

Thanks,

RCook

Substitute Grip Puppies-small (www.casporttouring.com) for whatever large diamter grips you're considering. Easy to install, mine took about 60 seconds. Increase grip diamter, provide great grip even in the rain - trust me on this one, I was at EOM this year. All for under $10 per pair.
Substitute the Audiovox CCS 100 for the throttlemeister. For around $90 for the Cruise plus some HW, you can have a true cruise control. I recently installed mine and can send you a parts list and my install notes if your interested.
Grip puppies look interesting, how 'squishy' are they? I tried something similar and didn't like them as it felt like I was grabbing onto marshmallows. I'm all for soft but too soft is bad, yaknow?

I've seen the CCS 100 in some threads and it does intrigue me. By 'true' cruise you mean constant speed up and down hills etc? It appears to work on vacuum from just looking at the pictures? How hard is it for me and a super OCD buddy to install? I guess I'm asking for your parts list and notes please :) rob at cookfam dot net if you'd like to email me them.

Thanks,

RCook
Grip Puppies work great to me, can't beat the price $10.00 or so. That and throttle spring mod, and MADCO throttle lock makes me a happy camper going down the road. Good luck with your farkling.

Buck

DLS TX

Coming from my Bandit the return spring is anything but stiff, that and the slop in the throttle seems monumental from what I was used to. I must have had a special case with my Bandit but there was zero slop in the throttle and now I have to pre-turn the throttle to take the slop out, anyway...
I have a thtottlerocker for short term cruise needs but I want something that allows me to completely remove my hand from the grip, I'll look at the vista-cruise.

As for the iPhone mount, I was actually able to recycle my RAM mount from my Bandit. It mounts via a U-bolt and the FJR doesn't have round handlebars... Well there was *just* enough room between the left grip/signal assembly and the brake fluid reservoir to attach the mount using the U-bolt so that saves some money.
The throttle ergos are really important to have confidence with this bike.You can easily adjust the "slop" in the throttle, it should not be "monumental".Follow the throttle cable down in the direction of the triple clamp and look for the lump in the cable which is the adjuster.If that fails to to provide enough slop relief,you may have to get under the tank.Once you get that sorted out,the throttle effort can indeed be refined to near perfection with the return spring unwind if not done previously.Then,cruise control and crampbuster just add to the riding bliss..... :)

jazsr

Grip Puppies aren't too squishy IMO, I have them on both bikes and really like the increase in diameter that they provide. For $10 and free shipping from California Sport Touring it's worth a shot.

They don't absorb or hold water like many believe either.

...I've seen the CCS 100 in some threads and it does intrigue me. By 'true' cruise you mean constant speed up and down hills etc? It appears to work on vacuum from just looking at the pictures? How hard is it for me and a super OCD buddy to install? I guess I'm asking for your parts list and notes please :) rob at cookfam dot net if you'd like to email me them.

Thanks,

RCook
It's all available and well documented. Google is your friend! "AVCC install site:fjrforum.com" :D